Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by vmhcah: Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

vmhcah
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
Embarkation: Galveston

The Rhapsody was the first cruise that my husband and myself has ever been on. We had a blast on this ship. Since it was our first cruise we were not sure what to expect.

Embarkation was fairly quick and painless we arrived at the cruise ship terminal around 11:30 on that morning and was upstairs in the Windjammer eating lunch by 12:00. Our rooms were not going to be ready until 1:00 and by the time we finished lunch we were able to go to our room.

Once we were in our room we were satisfied by what we saw. We booked too late to receive a Cabin that had a balcony but our room was still just as nice. We immediately dropped off all of our stuff and went to explore the ship.

We found everything to be remarkably clean and in good standing order all over the ship. The only complaint was that it took forever to get on an elevator so we quickly took to the stairs instead. The muster drill went by painlessly. I thought that it would be difficult with a lot of More pushing and shoving. However, the drill was at 4:15 and we were back in our cabin ditching our life preservers by 4:30. Overall the service that we received on the ship was outstanding.

When we set down to dinner after the first night our assistant waiter had our drinks ready to go and didn't even have to ask us again what we wanted to drink. Our waiter was just as good about making sure that we had everything that we wanted during dinner.

Our room steward was very friendly and it still amazes me how fast she is able to go into the room and straighten everything. Our excursions were okay to say the least.

In Key West we were on the Trolley/Combo tour where we went to the aquarium and ship wreck museum after our trolley tour. We found that getting off of the ship was terrible people were not so friendly at that moment and everyone was pushing to get to a spot in line. Once off of the ship there was a huge amount of disorganization. No one knew what line to stand in and then when they all moved they moved at the same time and then split up. This could have used more organization. We really loved the trolley tour our guide was very informative. When we got to the Aquarium and the Ship Wreck museum we were not really that impressed by what we had saw. We quickly went through both and was ready to explore Key West on our own. By the way the Key Lime Pie Company/Blonde Giraffe has the best key lime pie.

In Grand Cayman our luck with excursions still was not that good. We woke up at 5:30 in the morning so that we could make our excursion at 7. When we got off of our tender we were quickly escorted to a line where we were suppose to wait for our tour bus to take us to the the Turtle farm, Hell, and the 7 Mile Beach Break. Our tour bus never showed up to pick us up at the scheduled time. The supervisor over the tour spent over an hour trying to get us on another tour bus going to the same place. We ended up boarding the bus at 9:30 that mourning after an almost 2 hour wait. After that the rest of the excursion was great. We were also compensated for 10% off of the excursion price once we were back on the ship. The rest of the cruise went by like a dream for us. We enjoyed the onboard activities.

When Cozumel came we only got off of the ship long enough to buy souvenirs and then boarded again. We spent that afternoon just having a quiet day on the ship. In the end the thing that I hated more then anything was Debarkation! I had such a relaxing time on the ship I wasn't ready to go home. I am ready to book my next cruise and I just got home two weeks ago!!!! Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>