Disney Wonder Cruise Review by v medcalf

Member Name: v medcalf
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Where has the service gone to Disney?
We cruised with NCL and Royal Caribbean pre-children and loved it. I was so excited when i discovered Disney did cruises and we could take the girls!

Did the Disney Magic around Europe last August and I thought it was great (food was a little underwhelming but on the whole great service and great entertainment too).

I recommended Disney cruises to my family and so for Christmas my parents spent over £20,000 taking the whole family on the Mexican Riveria cruise on 26 December.

My parents had a cabin with 2 little portholes on deck 1 - so noisy as it was next to the engine room. All 4 cabins were on different decks (1, 2, 6 & 7) - we were originally on different tables at dinner.

Service in the restaurant was interesting to say the least. Our waiter was lovely but rarely got anyones order correct. At the character breakfast not one breakfast order was correct - in fact she then turned up with plates full of bacon, sausage etc. and turned it into a buffet (which is not what we wanted!!).

The assistant waiter was so sweet but obviously very nervous - shaking hands, sweating a lot (in fact this dripped on my brother -in - law!!). My bill included 7 wrong drinks orders - he often made us sign the receipts the next day as he couldn't work them out on the night. It wasn't very complicated as we only had one or two drinks each!!

it wasn't just the waiting staff though. it took 2 calls to guest services and 2 further phone calls to finally get my safe fixed (day 5 of the cruise).

Thought PV was awful, Cabo San Lucas was nice though. When I asked the morning of the PV port stop if there was a public beach nearby, I was told not to go to the public beach as there was no lifeguard and that I should have booked the beach excursion. I then answered that wasn't it a little late to book it - the response was 'it's full anyway!!" completely pointless conversation!

By the way the public beach was very good - and there was a lifeguard Disney!!

We did have a lovely cruise but I was disappointed and embarrassed that this wasn't the experience we'd had last year.

Also disappointed that 3 of the shows were exactly the same as last year, another show was a hypnotist (of no interest to a 5 year old) and then they showed The Muppets movie in the theatre one night - that's just plain lazy!

I have booked to go on the Fantasy next September and to be honest I wouldn't have booked it if i'd have been on this cruise first.

Disney - sort out your service.

Publication Date: 01/07/12