Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by crustycrab: Southern Caribbean on Miracle

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean Cruises

Southern Caribbean on Miracle

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We sailed in Dec. and encountered cloudy weather this trip as we did on a past Dec. cruise. I will stick to better sailing months in the future even if it costs more. It even rained on the arid isles of Aruba and Curacao this time. I also will not choose an obstructed view french door room. It was too dark and claustrophobic. We usually book balcony. We enjoy sun and privacy and this gives neither but it is a great value since it is priced as an inside (cat.4K). The room is 185 s.f. and has a sofa,frig.,safe,hair dryer, and makeup mirror and was clean. We were located mid ship but still had to take ginger capsules for nausea (which I bought pre cruise at Walmart). The Miracle rocks and rolls more than other ships I have been on. We met many other people having this same experience.

Flew into FLL day before and stayed at the Renaissance hotel for $130 (inc.tx).Hotel is clean and convenient to restaurants,stores and close to port but does not have complimentary b'fast or shuttle More or parking. All those things and wifi and water are expensive. The hotel pushes the shuttle co. they favor to go to cruise port for $6 p.p. but you have to wait for the van to fill and it is quite packed. Next time we will take a cab at our convenience for same money and less time. Cab fare from airport to hotel was $16 and from cruise port back to airport was same.
The Miracle is well laid out and easy to navigate. Large number of lounge chairs in both sun and shade and plenty of pool space. A lovely private and free whirlpool tub inside the spa area at the front of the ship open from 8am to 10 pm. Just ask directions at the spa. It is not well advertised.
Room steward was friendly but we had to ask for our bathrobes at the beginning of the cruise. I think sometimes they do not even provide them for use unless you ask.

Anytime dining was great. Dining room is pretty and well laid out. Service was attentive and quick. Food was fair. Cold fruit soups delicious,lobster and shrimp great, desserts great, but the beef dishes were not of the best quality. The lido buffet is one of the most attractive decors we have seen, similar to older Costa ships or some Holland America ships. Afternoon tea on sea days. Sushi bar every evening on level 2 near the dessert/espresso cafe. Room service was prompt and the shrimp salad croissant was my favorite.

Disembarkation was easy for we always wait and relax with coffee on the lido deck until the last call is made to leave the ship. We avoid all lines, walk off the ship & thru immigration and have no luggage scramble. We look forward to the next cruise.I will give port info under the port names. We visited Grand Turk,La Romana Dom. Rep.,Aruba and Curacao. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Interior Main 4197

Cat. 4K obstructed french door room with doors that open inward. Very small view of ocean below. Crew catwalk located outside room beside lifeboat. Lifeboat blocks view and sun. No privacy. Able to hear splash of water below. 185 s.f., Refrig., In room safe, Make up mirror, Hairdryer ,Sofa.

We used the local bus to visit Eagle Beach and the Holiday Inn Inn Beach. The bus is easy to use and runs regularly up and down the hotel/beach strip and to town. The bus terminal is directly across the street from the cruise terminal. Buses are clear and cost $1.25 American each on and off segment. We explored the entire hotel/beach north of town for less than $15 total for two and we got on and off several times. The sand is white, the sun is hot, the water blue. The public beaches have limited facilities but hotel/bars nearby do. There is shade under public palapa huts on Eagle Beach. Having said all that I did not get to snorkel because the calm snorkeling waters are located 25 mins. south of the cruise terminal at Baby beach or 25 mins. north at Arashi Beach and those beaches are only accessible by a $40 one way cab ride or a car rental.Next time we will rent a car for they are cheap, and driving is on the right of the road and appears safe.
Read 684 Aruba Reviews

Crystal clear turquoise water,white sand ,warm breeze. Very easy to walk off ship and swim in the bay in front of Margaritaville. Plenty of free lounge chairs, palm trees and cool drinks nearby. I always snorkel in this area and this time I saw a large Barracuda swimming alongside me. I patiently snorkel away from thrashing people and I find little fish and conch each time we visit. I wanted to try Governor's Beach this time but it was too rough and windy to snorkel. We took a cab ($5pp) into Cockburn Town and found this little village picturesque. The cab driver gave a narrative of the island and we ate conch fritters cooked up fresh as we sat on the town sea wall looking at that azure blue water and hearing waves crash on an old underwater wreck from the salt trade days (there is a pier and plaque nearby). The library is a Queen Victoria days relic. I spent a few quiet moments there as well as in the old Anglican church and the little museum.