Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Hamilton

Member Name: Hamilton
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Pre Christmas Caribbean Holiday
We travelled on the Queen Elizabeth round trip from Southampton through the Caribbean, as we had done last year with our two young children and Mother, and whilst we had an enjoyable trip, it was as good as last year, perhaps it was due to the last cruise being over Christmas and New Year, or whether it was because the ship was still new, I'm not sure.

We had to pay full price for the children as all the free child places were gone - we later discovered our children were the only passenger children on board, as we had 3 staterooms, and my mother booked 2 weeks later than ourselves, I asked before we sailed could my mother be moved to a similar area to us, as she suffers from panic attacks, she was the opposite end to us so would take a good 10 minute walk, and she isn't very mobile, they said to ask the purser on the first day which we did, I was told they would let me know when a cabin became available, and I am still waiting!!! I since have found out a number of passengers were moved throughout the voyage, so I am a little annoyed to say the least.

We ate in on the first seating, and had the worst waiter, I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, he wouldn't engage in conversation, the bread, was thrown down on your plate, dressing for the salad had to be asked for, and was then slopped down on the salad, when cheese was ordered, after waiting 15 minutes, we asked for the biscuits, not once, twice, but three times, we decided to eat in the Jasmine in the Lido, chalk and cheese excellent service, as one would expect from Cunard, word, got back to the Britannia, and the said waiter, was replaced by the Head Waiter, Stephen would excellent, and much more to Cunard's standard.

The Bar staff and waiters, were fabulous as always, Tricia, Branimir, Kresimir, Dave,Erica, Marvil, Natalie, and Emilian to name but a few, always smiling and nothing was too much trouble, especially where the children were concerned, and the children were delighted with the fancy mocktails they were given each night, as well as engaging then into the conversation.

The kids club, with Kath, Jenna, Chris and Steph, were fantastic as ever, and nothing was too much trouble, they have a wonderful way with children. They entered the boat race for the children, and Kath went into the pool to supervise the children's entry, which won the first race, only to be told that actually the children's entry wouldn't be counted, as they missed the test sail, Ed - Entertainment knew they would be an entry to to announce this to the children when they had worked all week on this was despicable, obviously they wouldn't have been in line for the 'champagne' a bottle of Pol Acker, but a certificate wouldn't have gone a miss!!! The children used to dance in the middle of the Queens Room for one dance, allowing the pro's the outside of the floor, this was done early on so it wasn't busy, to be told by the drummer over the PA system to remove the children I thought was tactless, and as they were paying the same as everyone else, don't really see why they couldn't use the facilities also.

The dress code in the restaurant was the final straw really, when I can dress my 5 year old son, in a suit, and a jacket on all nights, and yet grown men flout the dress code (no ties on Semi Formal, jackets off and shirt sleeves rolled up) I think it shows Cunard isn't what it used to be, when we questioned this we were told, that the dress code cant be enforced!!!! So it shouldn't state in the Daily programme that the dress code will be strictly enforced.

On the whole, we enjoyed our trip, but feel that standards are slipping, please don't let this happen, as this is why we love Cunard!!

Publication Date: 01/04/12