Crown Princess Cruise Review by AmberTeka: THE CRUISE WHERE NO ONE WAS 'IN CHARGE

AmberTeka

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

THE CRUISE WHERE NO ONE WAS 'IN CHARGE

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarktation...Horrible. We arrived at a little after 1pm, checked in as told, hen reported to the Convention Center at the Port. There we, with 2,000 + other people sat. Free tiny cups of lemonade or coffee. No Food, unless one bought the concession stand food at concession stand prices...which was over five dollars for a hot dog. Children who had flown in with their parents sat there until four o'clock in the afternoon. There is NO excuse that could be given for the mess that was for people who had paid good money to cruise.

ON SHIP..luggage was late. Everyone at dinner was dressed...not casual cool...just casual tired and hungry. We ate Anytime Dining..we arrived and were seated at six, then left at eight after no dessert menu..no sugar for coffee..no salt ..not pepper.

Next Day...still hit and miss. Still impossible to get more than one tiny screw of salt or pepper. Everything was served by staff..in the buffet, every where. Butter was doled out bit by bit..and More you were looked at oddly if you requested two bits of butter. Jelly was slapped on your plate..often on the eggs at breakfast. I kept wondering..Am I on Princess? Surely not. We had cruised Princes before..even the cruised the Crown before. Dinner..served well..still the embargo on salt..pepper..sugar..sweetner...EVER had dinner with no salt?

Next day...Monday...sea was more than rough. Water was coming out of the pools. My DH and I were on the Lido Deck..and could hardly walk against the wind. That night I was ill. I called the Med. Office, they came and then I was in 'lock Down" for the next two days. The menu for sick folks...Horrible. Cold everything. Chicken..no salt no pepper. Good Bran Muffins. Good Jello.Good Hot Tea. Husband was allowed to eat in MDR...but he was humiliated by having a VIP approach him as to if he was ...an escaped quarantine person. He was upset..but naturally sn easy going man..so he said nothing..but pointed out they had him confused with me. He ever ate in the MDR again. Since the buffet was served ...we could eat there..so we dined in the Lido Cafe Caribe after that. Still no salt. no pepper. Jelly slapped anywhere. Butter doled out like was gold.

Summary..The folks who came in cleaned my room ..after I was ill, behind those masks and gloves were sweet and kind people. I tipped them extra for two days..cost me $50 dollars and they were worth every cent of it. The sweet lady on the Phone for Sick Room Service. Sweet. Kind. The Nurse..sweet. Competent. The folks at the Main Staff Desk on Ship..very helpful. One young man from Russia...helped us get the charges for the shore trip we did not make..and for which we had been told had been cancelled...really cancelled. Princess should promote him.
The Activities Staff..sadly missing Ron Goodman in my opinion...did a great job with the few Trivia's I was able to attend. Shout out to them for keeping morale..not so low.

Did I mention that we sailed through a gale? Did I mention that of the two main ports Aruba and Cureso...I was under quarantine for both? But it rained in both places..and it never rains there..That is the kind of cruise e experienced.
And..they lost my nightgown when I gave it to the Med. Techs to launder. It was not expensive..but still. they should have tagged the stuff they took away.

Embartation....great. They let us off early to get a sick dog out of the Vets. Shout out to the young lady on the Service Desk who arranged that...earliest we have ever left a ship. Maybe they were glad to get rid of us.

I am usually a cruise cheerleader..not a picky, snobby foodie...but this Cruise...I mean...it was bad. We had already booked another cruise on Carnival for next month...I am hoping it is much better. I am really IRRITATED. at Princess. Why sail through a gale? Why not put someone in charge so folks knew who to call about questions when "locked" down? It makes me mad all over to think about it. One thing I know..I will make it my business to see if norvo has hit a ship before I cruise. If this is typical..then you don't really have a cruise. You are just in the way of people cleaning the ship. you are a nuisance. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald C715

C715...nice cabin. Nice balcony. No issues with cabin.