Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Finnsurfer: Carnival Freedom December 2011

Carnival Freedom 5
Member Since 2012

Carnival Freedom December 2011

Sail Date: December 2011

We drove to Port Everglades and parked within walking distance of the ship. The cost for one week was $105. Well worth it!! Our Ocean Suite allowed us to have VIP boarding which I would do all over again. Well worth the extra to not wait in any line ups to board. We tipped the ported $1/ bag as suggested on Cruise Critic and our luggage arrived in our cabin by mid afternoon.

Our cabin was on the Empress Deck and it was excellent. Mid-mid ship which was close to two elevators, very spacious with a nice balcony, whirlpool tub and shower, lots of storage. The ship was very clean and the staff were very friendly, making every effort to call us by name throughout the entire cruise.

The food...the buffet on the Lido deck was typical buffet food with lots of variety but was available when you needed something to eat. We had early seating in the Posh diningroom. I would recommend a reservation for dinner. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. Chocolate melting More cake with every meal - delicious. Lobster was good. Lots of variety. Our waiter, Buddy, was wonderful.

The entertainment...I went to a couple of shows and they were fine, nothing spectacular but enjoyable.

The fitness...Carnival Freedom has a wonderful gym at the front of the ship. My only complaint with the whole ship was that all of the whirlpools were cold. We did not do any swimming because of the water temperatures being cold.

Disembarkation...we were zone 1 so we decided to leave our luggage outside our room and wait for our zone to be called. We were off the ship and through customs by 8:10 a.m. Excellent!!!

Overall...I would definitely go on a Carnival cruise again. Less

Published 01/03/12

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: OS7314

We had an Ocean Suite 7314 on the Empress Deck. It was absolutely wonderful. Huge with lots of storage. Great location on the port side of the mid ship. The bedding is very comfortable though I thought the bed was a bit firm. It has a sofa bed which we didn't use. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub and shower. Very quiet location and easily accessible to two elevators for forward and aft ship.

Absolutely amazing beach day and way to end the last stop on the cruise. It is absolutely beautiful.
Read 1001 Grand Turk Reviews

We had a great time at Nassau. Our 21 and 19 year olds would have liked to have gone swimming but we didn't know you could easily walk to the beach for a quick dip.
Read 3066 Nassau Reviews

San Juan is great and very Americanized. We went walking in Old San Juan and did a bit of shopping. At this port, we should have booked an historical tour.
Read 1648 San Juan Reviews

This shore excursion was a bit expensive which is why I gave it a poorer rating. It was well organized but I was disappointed in Magen's Bay. It is rated one of the top beaches in the world and I just didn't get that. It is really nice but I have seen nicer in my travels in along the S.W. Florida Coast. Blackbeard's Castle is fun and the rum tasting there is excellent. Walked from Blackbeard's to shopping. In hindsight, at this port, I would have simply done shopping.

Skip X