Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cruisin'cb

Member Name: cruisin'cb
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: 4F
        16+ 4.0

Better than expected based on other reviews
The embarkation was relatively smooth. We did pre-boarding on-line and things moved quicker than I expected. The room wasn't ready quite on time but we waited in the lounge for the 45 minutes.

The cabin was small, as to be expected but adequate. There was enough room for clothing and the bathroom held toiletries for three. The shower drain was slow one afternoon and it was corrected immediately. The room was kept clean by Dede who was polite and helpful. We could hear some noise at night but we go to bed early(10:00). One night when the music was very loud at 2:30 in the morning, we complained and the situation was rectified. The cruise staff went out of their way to make up for the inconvenience.

My 16 yr old daughter really enjoyed the O2 club. She managed to stay entertained and never complained of being bored.

My husband and I never went to a dance club or the America show but we saw the PG comedy shows and they were pretty funny. Teing Fu, comedian/juggler is not to be missed! It's rated a PG show but I think it is more PG-13. The Illusionist was so-so. It had misogynistic tones and even an S&M edge - not my taste and not for kids.

One tour was canceled (I can't even remember what it was now) and the other tour we took was the Rain Forest in San Juan. It was enjoyable though not as rural as I thought it would be. The beach at St Thomas was a long taxi ride though it was nice. St Maarten, Dutch side was run-down, the French side was okay - nothing special. Grand Turk was a great beach - walking distance from the boat.

The Emerald steakhouse was wonderful. The staff was great and the food superb - well worth the extra $30. I enjoyed having coffee every morning delivered via room service. The breakfast buffet was nice but I didn't care for it for lunch. Granted, I am a picky eater but I really didn't care for any of the lunch offerings. They were just okay. I am not a big fan of buffets anyway. The dinners were hit or miss. The staff was wonderful but the meals were just okay. Presented wonderfully, but lacking in flavor and quality. The bread was good, so was the cappuccino.

The spa staff were talented but did give the hard sell for their products which I didn't appreciate since the spa prices were so high anyway.

I don't drink but my husband does. I thought the drink prices were outrageous. $9.75 for a Margarita (after 15% tip) at dinner. I thought that was high. If you drink, plan for it in the budget.

The shops were not impressive. I didn't go on the cruise to shop but thought that there would be a little more to see.

The photographers on deck 5 could be a little annoying but I did enjoying getting some nice photos taken.

Overall, we had a very nice, relaxing time. Good value for the money, except for the price of the drinks.

Publication Date: 01/03/12