Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Hilde6

Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: 8F
        13-15 3.0

Good not Great
I booked early saver, with little to no help from The Carnival Vacation Planner. He took my order. I did get upgrades and onboard credit it was work but worked out in the end. I booked a balcony room on the 8th floor, with a room right across the hall for my daughters and mother. I did take an upgrade to an aft room with extended balcony just down the hall from my other room and on the same (odd) side of the ship. They changed my room to the other side (even) not that much father however it did change the muster station this stressed my 13 year old out, mom and the 20 year old didn't care. Carnival did let the 13 year old move to my room to make her more comfortable. The room steward made the bed, gave new towels and emptied trash daily. I meet him on day three, in the past I have meet my room steward on the first day and knew who was cleaning my room. The head waiter worked very hard, he didn't have any help his two assistants did not want to be there. The head waiter wrote down every order and couldn't deliver them to the correct person. I wouldn't book floor eight again. You can here every chair move on the Lido(pool area)deck. They move every chair and clean the deck very late (early morning) daily, difficult to sleep.

I had a very good time on this cruise, I enjoyed all the ports, Miami was very easy on and very easy off. The casino staff was nice and enjoyable.(no I didn't come out ahead) I thought it would be nice to get ten cruises in with Carnival and get VIP status, I'm not real sure what it will get me. I will still look at Carnival cruises although since my first cruise with Carnival I think the service drops every year. So I will start shopping other cruise lines more.

I still believe there is no better vacation for the cost. Cruising has something for every body in the family we are ages 13,20, 44,45 and 72 we all enjoy this cruise just not as much as past cruises.

Publication Date: 01/03/12