Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by suegab

Cabin Category: D3
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Good and not so good
We just got back from our 7 day cruise to Caribbean. The ship is just massive. So big. That is good, and not so good. The elevators are packed, and the wait is sometimes long to get one. There are no quiet secluded type areas where you and your honey can just be quiet and chill out, the main areas are just jammed.

Embarkation/debarkation went fast. Very well organized. Took less than 15 minutes and we were on the ship.

Our room was nice, The housekeeping guy ( Albert) was very nice and very efficient.

Things I liked;

Choppes Grill- although it was a bit crowded. Second time we ate there the waiter made some comments I thought were not appropriate since I couldn't finish my meal.. he said something like 'what happened?' and another comment I cannot recall exactly which made me most uncomfortable regarding my not being able to finish the dessert.

Dining room- had pretty good food, and service was good. Our assistant waiter ( Juner) was very nice and brought us extra shrimp on a plate when I made a comment about liking shrimp but not liking the fish it was served with. Our waiter (Miller) was good as well

Corn Dogs

Park Grille roast beef sandwiches. Heard so much about them, had to try them. They were good, nothing fantastic,

no goofy conga lines that the waiters do in dining room or other things like that.

Rising tide bar. novel thing to do. that is about it.

Cleanliness of the ship, staff was great all around.

Things I did not like;

Ordered fresh squeezed O J. didn't realize at the time that that was an extra charge. Be forewarned. 2 glasses of O J with the included tip was 9 bucks.

Sorrento's- pizza is eehh.

Seafood Shack- did not like at all. Clam chowder was OK, but I felt lousy that night. They put it in a sourdough bowl that did not appear/taste fresh. My husband had no complaints about his meal.

Johnny Rockets. pretty much as above. I did not care much for the hot dog/fries/ onion rings. Did not think they tasted OK. Hubby liked his burger.

Glass of wine at many of the bars was around 12 bucks.

Pina colada I ordered had almost no rum. Watched him make it and there was almost none in it. It tasted fine, but no rum, no buzz.. boo..

cost of photos.

Renting a locker on Labadee is 4 bucks. Since we did the coaster and zip line, we needed to rent lockers at two locations. 8 bucks for lockers you use for maybe 1 hour each time.

Went on an excursion in Jamaica, the catamaran/ Dunn's river falls one that the ship has. The boat guys will charge you for water and beer. They will try to get you to buy hair braiding and jewelry. I thought that was inappropriate.The hotel they stop for lunch at is nice, the food was ok. not great.

The weird bugs that make that constant electrical buzzing sound. We heard them at the solarium. I have heard the same insects when I went to the South.

bug bites.

The massive congestion on the boardwalk and at the buffet.

no midnight buffets, no ice sculpture, not enough of the trivia goofy games.

Ports

Labadee. The coaster and zip lines were good. The port was nice. The labadoozy drink they had was most tasty.

Falmouth. I already mentioned the catamaran thing. At Dunn's river. I was unable to climb the falls so I went up the stairs. Be forewarned. If you choose this option there are a ton of stairs to climb. You must wade through one part of water that will go up to your knees to get to the stairs. Then a 'guide' helped us to get to the stairs and walked up them with us. He had us stop a few times and took photos. When we got up to the top he was waiting for a tip. well I only had a couple of singles and a ten. he told me to 'give me something good' So he said he had change. I gave him the ten, he gave me back a five( I told him to give me back a five)

Cozumel. did the swim with rays. I recommend this. Fascinating creatures.

I wanted to go to this restaurant which had this crazy coffee drink. They light the thing on fire and they pour from one cup to another with about 2 feet between. looks like a giant blue waterfall. It is called 'sexy coffee' (see the you tube videos) . It has 4-5 types of alcohol in it.It is at 'la mission' ( pronounced miss e on) Well, they only serve it at night when you can get the full effect of the fire. Huge let down. Food was OK there. Most disappointed about no sexy coffee.It was the only reason we went there to eat.

When we got to Cozumel we were one of 6 other cruise ships there. 6 ships.

Personally, I like a quieter ship with a lot less people. The ship is very good. If you like a ship with a lot of action this is more for you. I conked out at 10 or so. Hubby said the shows were good. I didn't get to most of them.

Publication Date: 01/02/12