Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by ladycat_99: Best Cruise to date!!

ladycat_99
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Best Cruise to date!!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

We sailed 2 days after Thanksgiving, 2011. I have to say that from reading earlier reviews of Fascination, that I was a little apprehensive about going back on this ship. This was my 2ND cruise and I was worried about the food and the service. But let me start at the beginning. We traveled down on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, from Kentucky to Jacksonville. Best road trip ever! We stayed at La Quinta in on Dunn Ave, very nice place. We parked at the cruise parking on the way to the terminal on Saturday. We arrived there are 10 and got to port around 11 or a little after that morning.

As soon as our luggage was dropped off, we took what we wanted to carry with us and headed to the check in. Of course we done the security check first, but that was very smooth! As soon as we had our sail and sign cards, we were ready to board. The boarding process was quick and painless and in less than 45 minutes we were on Lido deck eating and having a great time. More

After the Muster Drill we watched the ship leave port, my favorite thing to watch. The first night was a good night, we didn't do much other than relax and get ready for the next day.

My daughter who is 6, loves Camp Carnival. I love Camp Carnival. So she was always ready to go play with her friends, and that left us to do whatever we wanted. The food was amazing! Better than the last time we cruised on the Fascination in my opinion.

The seas were kinda rough a few days, and we had rain on the day we went to Half Moon Cay. But it cleared up enough to where we could enjoy the beach. I love it there! PARADISE!!

I will say that I am not much of a drinker, but I purchased the alcohol coupons and they come in very handy! We saved a lot of money with those, so if you like to drink, those are the way to go!

All in all, we had a blast, we done things on this cruise that we never did on our first one. I can't wait to go back to "Diamonds are Forever"! Oh, and the Piano Bar! We met some really awesome people and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Thank you Carnival for a great cruise!! See you in November!!! Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>