Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Em&Em

Member Name: Em&Em
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Blank
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Red Sea Adventure
Myself and my friend (both aged 21) decided to take a cruise as something a bit different and were recommended Thomson Cruises.

From the moment we stepped of the plane everything was organised perfectly. We stepped on the ship and were immediately shown to our cabin (872) it was a basic cabin but that was all we needed. It was spacious and had plenty of wardrobe space for all our dresses. It was in need of a bit of a makeover but this did not affect our holiday in the slightest.

Our cabin boy Andy was excellent, he worked very hard cleaning our room twice a day, we are not the tidiest of people but he always had a smile on his face for us.

Entertainment in Liberties was particularly good, Josh and Holly were fabulous hosts and Mab was great too. The game shows were done very professionally and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Both my friend and I won a coveted Thomson bag and bottle of wine! Entertainment in the Broadway show lounge was good but after a couple of nights it did start to get a little samey, the boys were more impressive than the girls but they can all certainly hold a tune. They were all so enthusiastic and had so much energy. A real credit to Thomson's.

We attended the Formal Night and I was impressed with the food in the Meridian restaurant, my friend is very fussy when it comes to food so all other evenings we stuck to the Lido restaurant. She loved the chips and pizza!

The bar stuff were all excellent especially Joel who remembered our names and our order (we loved his grasshoppers)

Due to the nature of the ports we had little option than to book the excursions, Jerusalem and Bethlehem with our guide Moti was good however I feel it was overpriced but we could never have done that by ourselves so I did not mind so much. Cairo with our guide Abeer was shocking, so totally overpriced and she was just an escort, me and my friend got hassled so much around the pyramids and she did nothing to stop this, she just walked off and left us to it! I am glad I did both trips but certainly would not do them again, once in a life time for sure.

For what we paid (£610 each with free All Inclusive) it was excellent value for money, this cruise certainly isn't luxury but it was perfect for us. If you enjoy having a laugh with the excellent staff and fellow passengers then you will enjoy yourself, a holiday is what you make of it!

Publication Date: 01/02/12
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Blank Cruise Reviews