Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by dooman79

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
BARGAIN CRUISE to the Bahamas: the GOOD and the BAD
We took a 3 days cruise to the bahamas. The N. Sky is pretty nice. The food choice weren't as great as other cruise lines. Food were ok. Entertainment were also very good. The staff were friendly and very attentative. One thing: DO NOT get a massage!!!!! I paid 230 +20% tip for 75min session (hot stone). The massage wasn't all that great. The worst part was after the massage, the tech. tried to sell me stuff to take for my body. She told me that I gotta "detox". I told her many times that I wasn't interested but that seemed not to work. I mentioned to her that usually doctors are the ones that prescribe things to patience but not while you are at a spa. She seemed not to understand that. I finally told her that I work in the medical field and I won't take anything unless it's prescribed!!!!!

Anyways, the Norwegian Sky is a nice little ship if you are going for just 2-3 days. Except for the spa experience, overall the cruise was pretty good. Make sure to buy your duty free items like Cigaretes...., they only cost 1/2 the price compares to the US. :)

The good:

Nice boat

Cheap cruise price (paid 200/p)

Nice and friendly staff

Make sure to visit and buy something from their duty free shops => cigaretes were half price compares to US

Casino was small but very friendly dealers and bar waiters...win some money if you can :)

The bad:

Overly priced massage and pushy sale after massage

40-50 dollars for bingo that only wins $100 to $600 per sessions (4 sessions)!!!! => BIG ripped off!!!!

Publication Date: 01/02/12