Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by dooman79: BARGAIN CRUISE to the Bahamas: the GOOD and the BAD

Norwegian Sky 4
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

BARGAIN CRUISE to the Bahamas: the GOOD and the BAD

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas

We took a 3 days cruise to the bahamas. The N. Sky is pretty nice. The food choice weren't as great as other cruise lines. Food were ok. Entertainment were also very good. The staff were friendly and very attentative. One thing: DO NOT get a massage!!!!! I paid 230 +20% tip for 75min session (hot stone). The massage wasn't all that great. The worst part was after the massage, the tech. tried to sell me stuff to take for my body. She told me that I gotta "detox". I told her many times that I wasn't interested but that seemed not to work. I mentioned to her that usually doctors are the ones that prescribe things to patience but not while you are at a spa. She seemed not to understand that. I finally told her that I work in the medical field and I won't take anything unless it's prescribed!!!!!
Anyways, the Norwegian Sky is a nice little ship if you are going for just 2-3 days. Except for the spa experience, overall the cruise was pretty good. Make sure to buy More your duty free items like Cigaretes...., they only cost 1/2 the price compares to the US. :)

The good:
Nice boat
Cheap cruise price (paid 200/p)
Nice and friendly staff
Make sure to visit and buy something from their duty free shops => cigaretes were half price compares to US
Casino was small but very friendly dealers and bar some money if you can :)

The bad:
Overly priced massage and pushy sale after massage
40-50 dollars for bingo that only wins $100 to $600 per sessions (4 sessions)!!!! => BIG ripped off!!!! Less

Published 01/02/12

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: BA Mid-Ship Balcony

Read All Mid-Ship Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

Very crowded port, like most travel destinations, everything were very expensive!!! gotta watch you mula. Alantis were pretty but 39.00 dollars to get in. (lowest price for sight seeings...)
Read 4162 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X