Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by coloradoskier: Oasis of the Seas is an amazing ship!

coloradoskier
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas is an amazing ship!

Sail Date: April 2011

We booked a week on the Oasis of the Seas just to experience the ship. With approximately 6000 passengers we were expecting to be rubbing shoulders with fellow travelers in every corner. I must say we were happily surprised to find the ship dispersed the passengers well. It never felt overly crowded and the embarkation/disembarkation processes were some of the least stressful we've experienced.

The ship was amazing! It had the full production of "Hairspray", a cirque du soleil show, diving show, ice show, comedy show, as well as the smaller entertainment venues. Oh, and did I mention 3D movies? We did them all except for the comedy shows. They just don't happen to be our thing. You will want to book your entertainment reservations before you get on the ship. There are not enough seats for everyone to see all of the shows. Plan ahead and you'll be fine. That takes care of the evening entertainment.

During the day we zip-lined over Central Park. We rode the carousel. We More boogie boarded (successfully the first time-yeah!) in the wave pool. I'm over 60 and had a blast! I didn't do the rock wall this time or ice skate. There simply wasn't enough time in a week to do it all, and I hadn't remembered to take long pants and socks to skate. We did decide to get off the ship in each port, but were back on the ship within an hour or so. The ship was just too much fun!

The food was wonderful. Everything you'll read about the roast beef sandwiches in Central Park is true. They were the best I've ever had. Breakfast with the Shrek characters was so much fun. A lovely couple from England adopted us to go with them. Watching their son, Flinn, interact with the characters was a highlight of the week.

I have to say we were not expecting to have that much fun. Having said that, we probably won't sail her again unless we take kids with us. It's a wonderful ship for families. I didn't get to look at the inside of a family suite, but from the outside it looked fantastic. Each one overlooks the diving area and the Boardwalk.

If you are looking for a family vacation, I'd highly recommend the Oasis of the Seas. There's something for everyone to do at any given time of the day. It doesn't matter where they sail. The ship itself is an incredible destination. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6

Our Junior Suite was a lovely room. We had a walk-in closet and lots of living space. There was a full tub in the bathroom. the balcony was large enough for us as well as guests. There could have been more chairs on the balcony for entertaining.