Carnival Magic Cruise Review by ziggyperth: Lacking some Magic

Lacking some Magic

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We booked this cruise because it was visiting some of the sites we have not previously been too, such as Dubrovnik and Mt Etna. We booked a SPA package and Suite. The Suite did not disappoint. More than ample room. Very spacious and clean with a spa bath of our own and separate area for our clothes. We were more than impressed with the cleaning staff who worked around us and we never came back to a messy room after breakfast. We loved the way they put the towels in the shape of different animals on the bed each night.

While we had chosen anytime dining as we are early to bed early to rise people we found that although we asked for a table for two on every occasion we were seated at large tables for breakfast constantly and although we kept asking to be moved the dinning staff were not impressed. I had a cold so did not wish to share my germs with others around me. The Food was superb only one night could I not eat the main meal. The breakfast menu never once changed. More The main buffet was quite good but I hate ques. The drinks however were overpriced. Minimum $8 for a house wine. One glass mind you not a drop more. I believe that they should be slightly cheaper when in the dinning room at night. The Spa and Gym were fantastic areas if a bit small. State of the art equipment and the Steam rooms felt like luxury best ever on a cruise.

Entertainment was fantastic. Great music, Great comedians and entertainers all round. The Water Slides were exciting, what was missing was the children. This cruise we were on was more for the young couples and elder couples. Kids were missing.

The decor of the ship was a little lacking IMO not so garish as other cruise lines I've been on but still a little too boring. The Internet access was very good. The pools a bit small.

Tours with the cruise line are way overpriced. We wanted to go on a Sorrento Amalfi Positano tour and it would of cost us approx $180 per person for the day. We walked off the ship and with another couple from the cruise hopped in a limo with our own taxi driver who knew all the sites for $200 all up. We had a wonderful day at our own lesuire and saw all the sites we wanted to. I cannot understand why the tours have to be so expensive on the ships.

Overall I would use this cruise liner again but maybe for only 7 -10 nights. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Suite Panorama 11215

Non Smoking Room but didn't stop someone below us smoking a cigar. Great view quite hallway Would use again. Very spacious room with extra dinning suites more than enough cupboard space and hanging space. Could do with a couple more hangers. Bathroom had own spa bath and shower. All you could want in a cabin. Ice delivered twice a day.