Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by PAN513

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: PAN513
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: OS

I was shocked ........RC has not figured it out!
We sailed on Christmas Eve Day from FLL. We were in no big hurry to board; as we had Owners Suite so we figured "hey, this will be a breeze"......NOT. Arrived at terminal @ 2:45 p.m. the line to get inside the terminal was 100 yards long, no kidding. I stopped one of the RC employees and inquired if this was the only line. "yes, it is not our fault this is Customs and you must enter through this one line. OMG! We arrived at our Suite at 4:10 p.m.; sailed 20 minutes later.

Now RC let me help you out here. If TSA has figured out how to work with the airlines and provide First Class, Crew and wheelchair customers a dedicated line why the SAM heck have you not figured it out.

Once on board we went by Suite lounge to check it out...... Let me give you the cliff note version. On Liberty you will have one person serving 35 Suites (we asked him later on during the cruise just how he did it). The 35 Suites had over 100 guest! The lounge was ~35 FT X ~25 FT.; seating for 25 at best. You get the picture. At 5 p.m. when the lounge open for cocktails and free eats; it looked like Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving. On staff was the attendant and one support person to pour drinks (6 type to choose from, nothing more).

The Owner Suite was clean and plenty of room. Suite room attendant was always on top of every thing we asked for and gave us hints as to how to get around the ship; staying out of the crowds.

Food service in restaurants was good and plenty of options breakfast, lunch and dinner. We did not use the speciality restaurants. However, we did enjoy Johnny Rockets; the team covering the restaurant were very on top of everything.

We can't help with the shore excursions we simply chose to not go; the tendering process in Belize looked like something from our boarding process so we said "NOPE not again". Overall, the ship was clean and friendly staff; except for most of the bartenders. Most of those guys could take a refresh course on PR 101.

Once back at FLL we drew the last set to depart 31 out of 31 groups. No problem with us as we had no plane to catch; we prayed to not repeat the boarding. We were initially set to depart at 10:20 a.m..........try 11 a.m.! We did not get to our car till 12:30 p.m.! What a MESS!

In 2005 and 2007 I took my children and grandchildren on a 4 day Disney Wonder cruise. I secured my wife and I an Owners Suite, each time, and had the "families" on outside cabins. RC Executives do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a Suite on a Disney cruise; so you can see from start to finish how you should treat guests paying for the privilege to be in these type accommodations. I promise you you will learn something that may help your efforts to have guest come back for another RC cruise. We had plans to talk with RC, while on board about a South America cruise next holiday season. We changed our mind. Ho Ho Ho

Publication Date: 01/01/12