MSC Poesia Cruise Review by super100

MSC Poesia
Member Name: super100
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Fun with a side of laughs
I am a first time cruiser. I appreciate so much the people on this web site for the helpful hints and questions answered prior to the trip. I regret not being able to meet anyone.

The ship was pretty and I think my cabin was cleaned about 4 times a day. The activities were plentiful and we enjoyed the wave pool, shuffleboard, cards, and the shows. The theater was beautiful. The decorations carved from melons and various fruit sculptures were great. The waiter parades were cool. It was my birthday while aboard and I got a card from the staff and a cake complete with singing after dinner.

Our room was very near the back - what a terrible place to be. The engines constantly going was tolerable but nearly every night I felt like the captain was purposely trying to throw me out of bed. It also seems that the restrooms were closed often. A note also about the gym equipment, there were several machines that were not working.

The food was fantastic. It was a pain if you were in a rush to try to get breakfast before going ashore but it was manageable. The dining room was not crowded so if planned correctly everything was cool. I was never able to get a room service menu or to get coffee in my room. The ship book indicated that it was possible but I managed to stay alive all week without it.

I was not particularly thrilled by the day for Jamaica. It was difficult to get off the ship and we had such a limited amount of time to even look around. Since we spent a day at sea to get there I think 5 hours is way too short of a stay. Then just to get right back on and sail for another whole day so we can exit the ship at 7 am.

The stops were beautiful and for the most part enjoyable.

Publication Date: 01/01/12