MSC Poesia Cruise Review by super100: Fun with a side of laughs

MSC Poesia 4
Member Since 2011
10 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Fun with a side of laughs

Sail Date: December 2011

I am a first time cruiser. I appreciate so much the people on this web site for the helpful hints and questions answered prior to the trip. I regret not being able to meet anyone.
The ship was pretty and I think my cabin was cleaned about 4 times a day. The activities were plentiful and we enjoyed the wave pool, shuffleboard, cards, and the shows. The theater was beautiful. The decorations carved from melons and various fruit sculptures were great. The waiter parades were cool. It was my birthday while aboard and I got a card from the staff and a cake complete with singing after dinner.

Our room was very near the back - what a terrible place to be. The engines constantly going was tolerable but nearly every night I felt like the captain was purposely trying to throw me out of bed. It also seems that the restrooms were closed often. A note also about the gym equipment, there were several machines that were not working.

The food was fantastic. It was a More pain if you were in a rush to try to get breakfast before going ashore but it was manageable. The dining room was not crowded so if planned correctly everything was cool. I was never able to get a room service menu or to get coffee in my room. The ship book indicated that it was possible but I managed to stay alive all week without it.

I was not particularly thrilled by the day for Jamaica. It was difficult to get off the ship and we had such a limited amount of time to even look around. Since we spent a day at sea to get there I think 5 hours is way too short of a stay. Then just to get right back on and sail for another whole day so we can exit the ship at 7 am.

The stops were beautiful and for the most part enjoyable. Less

Published 01/01/12

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 1012197

The room was nice. It had a hair dryer in the drawer and a refrigerator. Their is a soap and shampoo dispenser and shelves in the bathroom to make it easy to keep toiletries handy. The closet was roomy and we were able to put our luggage under the bed. The balcony was nice with two chairs and a table. Your neighbors are noticeable. Unfortunately even on the 12 floor there was a lot of vibration from the engines and constant motion.

The beach break at Playa Mia was fun. We had everything we needed to have a great day. Massages, tatoo's, beach, drinks, lunch and water toys.

We mainly went shopping and had lunch. The weather was great and Sloppy Joes was a nice laid back place with some entertainment.
Read 1123 Key West Reviews

There was not enough time for an excursion or to make a judgment about Jamaica. I feel that I would like to return and see what it is all about. The beach was certainty beautiful and the people were good natured and friendly.

I had a bad experience at the beach in Roatan - I would not recommend doing the para-sail with the boat that currently has a white sail with black, red and yellow, with the numbers 97833000. It also had a deck painted as a target since you sit there ti get started and land. I paid for my nephews, niece and we went. After we were done the captain asked for more money. (After my sister in law had given a tip) I said that I paid in advance and I didn't have any more money anyway. The boat owner's daughter (from USA) called the police over and pointed to their sign saying the amount I paid wasn't right. The security guard also tried to support my position since he witnessed the transaction but the police were not convinced. I had to borrow money to keep out of jail. Additionally the ride was suppose to be for 15 minutes but the video proves it was 8 minutes. The boat is not owned by a native but the salesman, and crew are Honduran.
Read 2217 Roatan Reviews

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2011
10 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X