Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Heaven6566: Never Again Norwegian

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Southern Caribbean Cruises

Never Again Norwegian

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarkation was a breeze in Miami, we loved the cabin and the ship seemed clean.

Everything went well for the first few days. The sea was a little rough but not horrible. Right around the third night, we finally met our room steward, and we gave him a tip and we had already given him a 10.00 the first night. He was nice and left towel animals in our room almost nightly, so we again topped him 10.00 and sent a comment card to guest services stating he was wonderful. Sadly, that evening, we went to dinner but had to wait for a table so we went back to our room to use the restroom and freshen up as the restaurant was very busy. When we walked up (Albertson) our room steward was standing at our closet with the door open. He hurriedly closed the closet and stumbled to tell us that he was counting hangers for inspection. Then he picks up my partners flashlight and asked how to turn it off and that he was using it to check the shelves for dust (the light takes 3 clicks to turn off More because of other features on it) This left me feeling a bit violated and worried about what else he may be doing in our cabin. I set my drawers up daily and he was going through then every day. Mine not my partners, I am the female of the two. Honestly, this was a terrible violation of my privacy but I was not going to let it ruin my vacation and I felt it would have been a hassle and an imposition for me to complain about him after we had already commended him on a good job.

So later on during the cruise I was walking the promenade while my partner napped. I always smile at the crew, really at everyone. As I came around the bow, there was a waiter from Blue Lagoon standing near the railing, when he turned to look at me I smiled and said hi. He never smiled, he looked down at my chest and gave me a wink and a nod, I bolted for the cabin at that point. I ran into him again on the same deck a day later and was so disgusted, I gave up walking alone.

The ports were great but you could see where Carnival and Celebrity got priority docking while we slummed it. This really wasn't that big of an issue but it was very apparent.

We missed our tour in Dominican Republic because Norwegian gave priority to those going to Cayo Leventado. Si we were very late getting ashore and we tried to rebook with another company after arrival but the pricing was no where near what we had booked.

The walls on this ship are paper thin, we could literally hear regular conversations in the room next door and when they had a party over there, forget about sleep. We had to call security at 3:30am on our last night, I thought we were hearing the casino, it sounded like 100 people over there. So our 18 hour drive home was quite taxing after the lack of rest the night before. I made sure they heard my clock at 6:00am that morning , pay-backs you know... Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 5038

5038 is below the Casino and there is a machine that sounds like whales mating right above the bed. The walls are paper thin and everything going on in 5050 is heard clearly. Loved the layout of the cabin and especially the bathroom. The blowdryers woek great.

(5)
We loved it but I wouldn't book through this company again, they kept our change.
Read 1069 Reviews

This place smells awful, all the way to the mountains it just smelled of pee. The people were not very friendly and seemed to eyeball you bags and cameras in the city, they wwere a bit friendlier as you got out of the city but the smell was always there.
Read 808 Antigua Reviews

The people were freindly and fun, the food was wonderful and it was much cleaner than many of the other ports.
Read 707 Barbados Reviews

The people were not very friendly and would run you off of the sidewalks or walk right in to you.

We rented a car here, I know the island well and we had a blast. Thanks to Calvin on the beach for showing us all of the neat sealife and and for the beautiful shell. Just a random local guy that loves his island.

We loved Tortola. We took a private excursion to Virgin Gorda and LOVED it, we had a lot of fun here and even got to have a Pain Killer at Pussers and we watched the local Christmas Parade. We had a blast on the Party Cat!
Read 502 Tortola Reviews