Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by esteuardo: Disappointing Cruise the 2nd

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Disappointing Cruise the 2nd

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Thursday morning we drive to Galveston early to make it there a few hours before we have to be there, December 15th, the Galveston harbor was enshrouded in dense fog. We walked around and tried to get more info, but that was all we could get was just text messages which weren't frequent.

The ship finally docked around 4:00 PM; however, we were not allowed to board until around 9:00 PM and it was a big mess, it took them forever to allow us on the boat. Went straight to the room to unwind and then went to the dining area, had to go through the stairs, try getting an elevator?! Good luck!!

We missed all the Thursday activities, plus dinner as we had to eat at the buffet which wasn't that great, and for all this Carnival Cruise Lines generously issued us a $15 "on-board credit" per person, give me a break.

Once aboard, "if you care to look past the crowded bars, [extremely] loud music and long [slow] buffet lines" there was very little to actually do on the ship. More The only sign of Christmas we saw was a small tree in the dining room and children were evidently able to get their picture taken with Santa Claus. The food in the buffet lines was sub-standard. The food in the dining room was satisfactory, but not up to what we had experienced on other cruises.

Arrival in the Port of Cozumel was at 1:00 PM on Saturday, December 17th. The ship was scheduled to arrive at 9:00 AM. I'm sure the Captain made up as much time as he could. The ship was originally scheduled to depart Cozumel at 5:00 PM; however, the departure was delayed until 6:00 PM (sunset was at 5:30 PM). You can't do much in 4 hours of daylight, but the passengers extended the departure well past 7:00 PM as most of them were still waiting in line to get back on the ship at 6:00 PM. Carnival made no offer of any compensation for the abbreviated stay in port. Don't let me forget to mention that there was rain and people were cutting in line, but they wouldn't let a staff member out to enforce the lines but the customers were outside dealing with the issue.

Arrival in Galveston was on time Monday morning and all the passengers were rapidly disembarked, which is about the only positive comment I can make about the voyage. This is my first time with Carnival; however, I can assure you that neither me nor my g/f will sail on Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Oceanview Riviera 1295

Good cabin, didn't feel too much movement.