Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by txbelle55: Mariner of the Seas Dec 11-18

Overall Member Rating

Mariner of the Seas Dec 11-18

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

As usual our Royal Caribbean cruise was wonderful. This was our first sailing since achieving our Diamond Level status and our first on the Mariner. It is certainly worth being Loyal to Royal to achieve the high tier status perks.

The ship was all decked out with Christmas decor. She is a beautiful ship on her own. Clean and well maintained.

The only issue; the servers in the Diamond and above breakfast venue. They were pretty sullen, as if were a chore for them to wait on us. The staff in the Windjammer and main dining room were more welcoming and accommodating. Although getting coffee in the windjammer took an act of congress. I realize they had extra sanitation issues to take care of to keep us all healthy. I can wait for coffee versus getting sick. Good Job people.

The chef seems to have lost the recipe for eggs Benedict, they were way over done, too bad, but that did not ruin my day, there are plenty of different items to enjoy.

I do More enjoy the style of cruising Royal Caribbean offers and I do realize there are times when things are not perfect.

The sailing before ours was a sick ship. It is amazing how everything comes together to ensure the ship is as germ free as possible before we boarded. Our crew went over and above to ensure all passengers sanitized their hands. The crew was constantly disinfecting all surfaces.

There were 500 children on board and Royal Caribbeans children's programs kept them very busy. You rarely saw any bored children.

Our first cruise was on Royal Caribbean so they are special in our hearts. We have sailed on other lines and enjoy them, but our heart is with RCCL. Less

Published 01/01/12

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: D17676 Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Read All Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D1) Reviews >>

I am not a fan of Jamaica, but was pleasantly surprised by Falmouth. It has new buildings and is very clean. Only cruise passengers and the shop workers are allowed in the port area. Therefore, you did not have street vendors pestering you. The shop personnel were very nice and not pushy. What a change for Jamaica.
Read 806 Falmouth Reviews

My favorite thing about Grand Cayman is how clear the water is. There are no rivers on the island that flow into the sea, so it is pristine.

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2011
3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X