Carnival Magic Cruise Review by missypriss19: Christmas on the Magic

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Christmas on the Magic

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Embarkation: Got to ship around noon and embarkation was a breeze. Was on board in less than 30 minutes. Lines moved fast.

The Ship was nicely decorated and looked great. Since we were on the Lido deck our room was ready so we could drop off carry ons and explore. If you have been on any Carnival ship you will have no problems finding your way around.

Food: This is the only area that I found lacking. I have been on carnival before and found that there food service has gone down. They seem not to have enough waitstaff in the main dining room and some nights it took forever to get service. The Steakhouse was well worth the extra money. The food and service were exceptional. However the Italian restaurant I would definitely skip. Eat there free for lunch if you want but do not spend the extra dough to go at night. The food on Lido was overall good. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Pizza and Sandwiches. Some lines did get long during peak times but that is More expected.

Crowds: This was a holiday sailing and we were completely full with lots of kids. I never felt crowded though. I will say that we did not do any shows so I do not know about the crowds in the showroom. We never had a problem finding a chair. Never saw a lot of chair hogs. Not even a long line at the slides when we went.

Kids Clubs: My son is 15 and before we left he said he would probably not go to the club. Well that definitely changed. Could not keep him out every night after dinner. He was usually in Club O2 until closing. He net a lot of new friends and even my shy son did karaoke.

Staff: Always friendly and remembered our names and usual drink orders by day 2. I will say that they do seem to need more staff. One night they only had one server on Lido as we watched a movie and we always seemed to have to ask for waitstaff in the Casino. Our room steward was great. Always friendly and we had towel animals every night except the one night he rolled up the beach towels with my tennis shoes on the ends and had them sticking out from under the bed. Make me and my husband almost spit a drink out of nose when we saw it. Had to call everyone one to see.

Behind the Fun Tour: This was the first ship tour I had ever done and since it was a new ship and my son wanted to do it we did. It was a great tour. A wealth of information. Great to see how everything works on the ship. The only problem with this tour came when they were suppose to send some stuff to our cabin. A group of us went so one person bought the tickets and even though we went through the steps of setting up which rooms and which person with the excursion desk and with the tour guide still took 3 phone calls and 2 trips to guest services to get this straightened out and was not resolved until last day of the trip when the tour happened on the 2nd day.

Rooms: We had handicapped rooms 10202 and 10210 due to my spouse. Our room was 10202 which is a 4J. Loved the room. Enough space for our needs. And the view was great. However there is a lot of movement on this ship. More than I have felt on any ship. And forget sleeping when they turn on the thrusters.
The other room 10210 was also a HC room but it was so small. I would not get this room if you are confined to wheelchair or use a power chair.

Overall: Great cruise and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Lido 10202

Very busy community and I would not dare venture to far from port without an excursion booked either with Carnival or private group. We did Cave Tubing and ATV through Cavetubing.com. We had a great time. My son was thrilled about the ATV riding in the mud. We were a mess but did get to clean up in the river. The Cavetubing was a once in a lifetime experience. I would recommend it for all as long as you can walk well. You have to take a trip through the jungle on a path and cross the river 3 times. My husband did stay on board this day due to fact that we had to tender at this port.

This is a very small port with not a lot to do in this sleepy little village. We rented a Dune Buggy for the day and the drive away from town was beautiful. Other than that we did have some drinks on the beach and I did get a great massage for $20. Way better than the spa cost. The shops keepers did start with some outrageous prices but were very negotiable

At this port we really did not do much. I have been here so many times that I have just about done it all. This port has become so commercialized that it has lost it charm. If I were to go back I would probable just book a beach excursion for the day like El Cid or Mr. Sancho's.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
All I can say is awesome.... I have picked this for my retirement home. The country side is beautiful. We did a private tour through Bodden Tours. Our tour guide was Channin Bodden and I can not recommend him enough. They took the time to make special arrangements for my husband who cant transfer into a bus so they gave us a private car. Channin was very knowledgeable about everything on the Island from local flora and fauna to the simple day to day life on Island. Me and my son also did the zip-line tour with Bodden. I can say me son enjoyed it. He said it was the best tour so far even beating out the ATV in the mud. Me however was a frightened school girl. I hate heights. This is definitely the most memorable stop on our cruise and can not wait to find another cruise going there or we are even looking at going for a week.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews