MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Michael Flowers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Michael Flowers
MSC Splendida
MSC Splendida
Member Name: Michael Flowers
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
MSC Splendida - to go? or Not to go?
Our family just took a 7 night med. cruise on the Splendida.

We have cruised several times before, therefore we have several lines and ships against which to compare our cruise.

The Splendida was easily the newest and nicest of any ship we have sailed on. The rooms were clean and new. The beds were comfortable.

The food was edible. From an American point of view, the food left MUCH to be desired! I thought the reviews I read prior to the trip were just spoiled people griping, but now I say..... READ THE REVIEWS!

We got SO TIRED of the same old HOT DOGS, HAMBURGERS and PIZZA (frozen and then reheated). The fine dining was extremely European and we liked some and hated some. Don't expect an American styled cuisine! You will be served fancy stuff, that you have NEVER heard of! (And I have traveled all over the world)

The shows were very good. With the sole exception of a puppet guy (poor guy was using a puppet he made with a sock and a rubber band) the shows were probably better than most American shows on cruise ships that I've seen. the singing and dancing were unbelievable!

Sitting through the 5 language translations was EXHAUSTING! and after awhile very annoying!

Being a NON smoker, (Everyone in Europe smokes or so it seems!) the smoking policy on the Splendida was infuriating! Our throats and noses stung and burned from the smoking areas we had to walk through. Even in our NON smoking cabin, fellow passengers next door continuously violated the non smoking policy so that we could not open our balcony door most of the time.

The crew members we dealt with were extremely professional and we had NO complaints in that area.

The ports we stopped in were phenomenal! We would stop in them again in a heartbeat!

Would I go on Splendida again? Yes, if you were to let me go for 1/3 of the price. Otherwise, I'd pay full price and go with an American cruise line.

Ok, gotta go to work to make $ for our next cruise!

Publication Date: 12/31/11