Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Sidney7474

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Sidney7474
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: Sidney7474
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Loved this Ship and this staff!
We were so pleased with this cruise. Let me start off with the ship. It was quite nice, smaller than alot of these new mega ships. I really liked the size, it was a more friendly atmosphere. Our room was on deck 3 inside cabin( I think the room was 3635), it was huge! We were right under the dining room so at night it was a little noisy but I loved having some room to move around. The pool area on this cruise is adorable. The solarium is gorgeous, and empty most of the time.

The staff is what really makes this ship. What a crew!!! The nicest most welcoming people I have seen on ship in a long time. The cruise director Ricky is just wonderful. Gets right out there with the cruisers, dancing at the parties and interacting with you like you are one of his best friends. The comedian was so funny, I wish he had a show every night! I was actually tearing up the last night of the cruise, because I really didn't want the cruise to end. I didn't want to leave these wonderful people! The head waiter or Matre D ( I am not sure which he was ) Stopped by every night, greeted us as we walked in to the restaurants. He was so friendly and helpful. Very attentive. I am only used to seeing these guys on the first and last night. This guy remembered you, stopped to ask you about your day at port, such a nice guy! Our servers were very nice, but our asst. server felt like family, she was crying when we left the last night.

The food, was pretty good. The dining room meals each night were very good, the desserts were not so good. They do need some work on the desserts. The buffets are very expansive and a little too fancy, I would have liked some more basic everyday choices. Breakfast was the best buffet, The pancakes are wonderful.

The ports - We stopped at Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Croix and St. Thomas.

We only did one excursion, which was on St. Lucia, snorkeling under the Pitons, its a lovely boat ride to the Pitons, but the beach they drop you off at is very rocky and murky till you get pretty far out. The snorkeling was good, tons of fish.

Money was kind of tight this cruise, so we opted to just hit the beaches instead of going on excursions. It was a good choice, so much cheaper!!

In Grenada we went to Grand Anse Beach ($4 Cab), this is a very long beach, there is a craft market in the middle of it, the vendors are pushy but nice. Ask for Cecelia, she is a funny little lady.

In Antigua we went to Dickenson Beach, ( $5 Cab), Very pretty beach, more beach bars and people trying to sell you stuff. This beach had a lot of water sports going on. There was a nice guy that brought us fantastic banana daquaris - yummy! There were three ships in port, so Antigua is crowded. The nicer shops are to the right of the pier, there are some beautful shops over there.

In St. Croix, we went to Rainbow beach. This is a very small beach, they have a nice beach bar, run by Americans. They have jet skis, beach chairs, live entertainment, restrooms. There is a bit of steep incline to the beach, but the water is very clear. I really liked St. Croix, it was our first time there. Lots of great little shops and craft vendors right the bottom of the pier. A really nice new shop called Frankins just opened up. I would have bought out the store if I could have. Lovely stuff!!!

In St. Thomas, we forgoed the endless shopping and went to Sapphire Beach, what a gorgeous beach!!! This was hands down the prettiest beach we had seen the entire cruise. $10 cab each way per person.

All in all this was a wonderful cruise. I would highly recommend it!

Publication Date: 12/31/11
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by Sidney7474
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews