Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Sidney7474: Loved this Ship and this staff!

Sidney7474
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Loved this Ship and this staff!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We were so pleased with this cruise. Let me start off with the ship. It was quite nice, smaller than alot of these new mega ships. I really liked the size, it was a more friendly atmosphere. Our room was on deck 3 inside cabin( I think the room was 3635), it was huge! We were right under the dining room so at night it was a little noisy but I loved having some room to move around. The pool area on this cruise is adorable. The solarium is gorgeous, and empty most of the time.

The staff is what really makes this ship. What a crew!!! The nicest most welcoming people I have seen on ship in a long time. The cruise director Ricky is just wonderful. Gets right out there with the cruisers, dancing at the parties and interacting with you like you are one of his best friends. The comedian was so funny, I wish he had a show every night! I was actually tearing up the last night of the cruise, because I really didn't want the cruise to end. I didn't want to leave these wonderful More people! The head waiter or Matre D ( I am not sure which he was ) Stopped by every night, greeted us as we walked in to the restaurants. He was so friendly and helpful. Very attentive. I am only used to seeing these guys on the first and last night. This guy remembered you, stopped to ask you about your day at port, such a nice guy! Our servers were very nice, but our asst. server felt like family, she was crying when we left the last night.

The food, was pretty good. The dining room meals each night were very good, the desserts were not so good. They do need some work on the desserts. The buffets are very expansive and a little too fancy, I would have liked some more basic everyday choices. Breakfast was the best buffet, The pancakes are wonderful.

The ports - We stopped at Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Croix and St. Thomas.
We only did one excursion, which was on St. Lucia, snorkeling under the Pitons, its a lovely boat ride to the Pitons, but the beach they drop you off at is very rocky and murky till you get pretty far out. The snorkeling was good, tons of fish.

Money was kind of tight this cruise, so we opted to just hit the beaches instead of going on excursions. It was a good choice, so much cheaper!!

In Grenada we went to Grand Anse Beach ($4 Cab), this is a very long beach, there is a craft market in the middle of it, the vendors are pushy but nice. Ask for Cecelia, she is a funny little lady.

In Antigua we went to Dickenson Beach, ( $5 Cab), Very pretty beach, more beach bars and people trying to sell you stuff. This beach had a lot of water sports going on. There was a nice guy that brought us fantastic banana daquaris - yummy! There were three ships in port, so Antigua is crowded. The nicer shops are to the right of the pier, there are some beautful shops over there.

In St. Croix, we went to Rainbow beach. This is a very small beach, they have a nice beach bar, run by Americans. They have jet skis, beach chairs, live entertainment, restrooms. There is a bit of steep incline to the beach, but the water is very clear. I really liked St. Croix, it was our first time there. Lots of great little shops and craft vendors right the bottom of the pier. A really nice new shop called Frankins just opened up. I would have bought out the store if I could have. Lovely stuff!!!

In St. Thomas, we forgoed the endless shopping and went to Sapphire Beach, what a gorgeous beach!!! This was hands down the prettiest beach we had seen the entire cruise. $10 cab each way per person.

All in all this was a wonderful cruise. I would highly recommend it! Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 7

Cabin 3635, It is huge!! However right under the dining room, noisy during dining hours. Needs updated TV and bed.

Very crowded port. We went to Dickenson Bay, good drinks, lots of water sports.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

We went to Grand Anse Beach, nice beach. Many people selling spices etc.
Read 357 Grenada Reviews

Beautiful water, friendly people. Great shops right adjacent to the pier.

Sapphire Beach!! Gorgeous !
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews