Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by amby6063

Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: D1

2nd time on Freedom
This was my families 2nd time on Freedom of the Seas, and it was a great cruise. We were lucky to have amazing weather the entire time (although it was a little bit windy for a couple days there...) and overall I'd rate the ship as an A.

Embarkation was MUCH slower than usual... we were waiting in a long lineup when a man told us that because we were platinum we were to go into a different lineup... Waited in the other lineup for 10 minutes, until everyone in our lineup got shuffled to the other original lineup and we ended up about 100 people behind where we originally were. They seemed pretty disorganized, but we got on eventually!

The waiters in the main dining room were AMAZING. We had Teddy and Robert and I've never had better waiters on a cruise, very very great service from them. I don't think the food was quite as good as previous cruises, but I may just be pickier now. Lobster night was awesome as always, I don't know why the poster a few down says that there wasn't lobster in the main dining room, because I sure enjoyed it! Pizza in Sorrentos was awesome as always, and the room service was always really quick as well.

The entertainment was pretty good, I wasn't overly blown away with the magician, I think he's a little bit too much about the dancing around instead of the illusion, but that's just me. Quest and the newlywed game were funny as always, but I was NOT impressed with the fact that my husband and I won Quest and didn't even so much as get a keychain for winning. Last year we got silver, and won little medals, that was fun... This time they announced the winning team and everyone took off right after that to go to the 'absolute party' which was really more of a staff function if you ask me. I asked the CD about the lack of prizes and he said 'oh you didnt get anything?' and left it at that. Allan Brooks is hilarious, and I loved his morning show.

The rooms were great, we had an awesome view of the tight parking job in St. Thomas, and it was fun overlooking Senor Frogs all day. The room steward wasn't as good as usual, he seemed a little bit disorganized, and quite often he wouldn't have our rooms turned down after dinner. No biggy though. I do miss the chocolates on the pillow, even though I barely ever ate them.

The gym was also great, I loved the machines and it was nice how they always have fresh towels/ wipes for the machines so close by. Great view of the water while going for a run too.

I liked the day that they played a movie out by the pool, but they only did that once, I wish it was more often!

Overall, it was a great cruise. We sailed on Oasis last year, and I really prefer the Freedom class, I feel that the Oasis class' pool deck is too split up with the hole for central park, and you never run into the same people on a ship that large. I love the FOS!

Publication Date: 12/31/11