“A great cruise on the Pride”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

ltfranke Carnival Pride 4 A great cruise on the Pride
ltfranke
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We booked this cruise out of Baltimore to avoid the cost of plane tickets and close enough drive from Ohio. Embarkation was extremely easy. Easy parking right next to the terminal, minimal wait in lines and right onto the ship. Stateroom was ready and luggage came soon after. Steward was very friendly and new us by name. Service was outstanding all week. Dining was good. We made the mistake of booking the late dinner. Our kids were just too tired by then to enjoy it. Should have done open dining or the early dinner. We ate a lot in the Mermaid grill - buffet. That got us our 5 meals a day or so! Good variety, good quality. Camp Carnival worked out well for us. We only used it an hour or so at a time to start but by the last couple days our kids were begging to go. They had made some friends and started to have much more fun. One note - the ship decor has many Renaissance era nude paintings and a nude sculpture of David. My 8 year old was quite taking aback by all this at first. She got used to it but she was not happy about it at first! The arcade was a bit lame. Ok for an hour or so and a couple tough air hockey games but many of the other games were out of order. We didn't get into the pools/hot tubs too much. Just too cold the days we were at see and then we were at the ports the other days. The kids enjoyed the water slide a few times. I hit the fitness area a couple mornings. It's crowded early in the morning but the Spa hot tub is a hidden gem that is not near as crowded as the other hot tubs and it's inside so much warmer at this time of year. The main shows/productions were ok. I enjoyed them more than my wife. The main vocalists were great at times, and not so great at other times. The dancers were so-so. We did plenty of trivia challenges and bean bag toss competitions. Other than that and Bingo, there wasn't much other activities. We hit a couple comedy shows. One was very good, the other was just ok. Debarkation was quick and easy. We had a good b'fast before we left the boat.
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8F6225
Perfect location mid-ships. Right next to main glass elevators but no noise from them. Large main bed and the 2 bunks for our kids were perfect. Balcony was a plus. Very private. Shower was bigger than ours at home! Felt quite a vibration from the engines while laying in bed but seemed to go away after a couple days or we got used to it. Plenty of drawer space for clothes and all emptied luggage fit under main bed. Very happy with the room.

Port
Did the Kayak/Snorkel excursion with Calabash Eco Adventures. Great time. Wasn't mobbed by vendors as soon as we got off the ship. Beautiful island and beaches. Very little to do/see right off the ship but if you get to any beaches, it is worth it.
Read 1,077 Freeport Reviews
Port
The beach was great (on Paradise island east of Atlantis) but the mobbing by the vendors right off the boat was a turn off. Plus it was extremely crowded and lots of traffic right at the port. We were there in the evening but most of the shops were closing down by 6 so we couldn't do much shopping after the beach time.
Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
We booked a trip to Kennedy space center online. That was a first time visit for my wife and kids. My wife loved it. My kids would have if we would have brought snacks for them. We did the up close tour. I don't know if there are many other options at this port however. Disney is close, but expensive. Now that we have done KSC, we will be looking at other itineraries. I'd rather be on a beach.
Published 12/31/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Pride Review
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?