Eurodam Cruise Review by Beachgirls2011

Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: VA

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Disapointed With Holland America
My family all got together for a 7 night cruise with Holland America on the Eurodam. There were 5 of us and two rooms. I had been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in September that was my first cruise and was AMAZING! I was told that Holland America was a notch above Royal Caribbean. NOT!

The first night in our room my aunt pulled back her sheets and found a bug. Not sure if it was a bed bug or not we called housekeeping to come check it out. They took the bug to determine whether or not it was a bed bug and while waiting my aunt pulled back her sheets so they could put fresh linens on the bed and she found pee stains. Not only was it on the first mattress pad but apparently they didn't remove the wet plastic mattress cover and just put the wool mattress protectors over the wet spot. It soaked the first blanket and they added a second blanket. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen! They came in and removed the mattress and gave her a new one but we could not get that out of our minds.

The room was filthy dirty. It had not been dusted in weeks. My son slept on the sleeper sofa and we found dust on the top of the sofa so thick that it balled up on your fingers. Under the TV, on top of the coat hangers and also the head board of the other two beds. My aunt confronted the steward the next day and asked him to thoroughly clean the room. When we got back into the room nothing had been done. They had not even vacuumed. The bathtub was never cleaned the entire week. The same grime and dirt spots remained all week. I heard our stewart tell his helper one morning as he opened another cabin door "no vacuum needed." He hadn't even walked in the room. We purposly left little things on the floor to see if they would be vacuumed and they never were the entire week.

The itinary for the ship is boring! Even my 90 and 91 year old grandparents who are active and like 70 year olds complained there was nothing to do. The shows were good but you can only see so many musicals over a weeks time.

EVERYTHING shuts down at 11 PM on this ship. There is no midnight snacks, no late entertainment and only a few bars remain open. Unless you gamble there is not a single thing to do after 11. They even put away all the pool chairs so you can't sit on the pool deck. On the last night there is NO last night event for the adults.

The ship rocks and rolls with the ocean everyday. We had a day or two of rough weather but even on the calm days you felt like you were walking drunk on the ship.

Overall, I was very disapointed in the cleanliness, the entertainment, the buffet food was nothing more than going to Luby's Cafeteria and picking the same thing to eat everyday.

I don't think I would take another Holland America cruise even if it was given to me as a free cruise. I would go back to Royal Caribbean for sure!

Publication Date: 12/28/11