Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by crabdip: Nice Gateway Cruise

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Nice Gateway Cruise

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

If you need a taxi to go to the port DO NOT USE GOLD LINCOLN- I made arrangements for transportation with them. They did not show up and the manager is very rude.

Embarkation:
Nightmare. Cape Liberty/Bayonne needs to learn from experience ports. They can't handle the Silhouette. In order for you to have a smooth check-in, you must go early. Do not wait to go after 1100 am. They don't have enough agents to check-in. In the Aqua Class section, they had only 4 agents.

Overall the cruise was very good. Excellent Room Attendants- Jonathan & Rogelio were outstanding. Anything that we want they delivered exactly what we wanted.

Room- I love the shower at the Aqua Class. It has the rain shower head and massage shooters. Must of the time that I shower I stay at least 30 minutes. It really relaxed you.

Blue- extraordinary service- Muhammad (hostess) - any special request you might have he can make it happen. J.R. (waiter assistant) - very funny More and helpful. Yuni (waiter) - he make sure that you are satisfy with your order, if your not, he will make sure you will leave dinner being satisfied.

Cafe Al Bacio- They have free pastries. But you have to pay for specialties coffee.

Celebrity Management - it seems that they see you to make money at of you as much as possible. They make me feel not special at all. I felt like they look at me to see how much money they can get from me.

Captain's Club - Classic Members be aware. You are entitle to receive "Premium Offers." But this "Premium Offers" are not premium at all. One example is that they have a coupon for Free Analysis for Acupuncture. Well, I find out that this supposed "Premium Offers" is available to any one on the ship.
The other coupon is for 10% discount for AquaSpa Treatment while the ship is in port. Once again, this offer is available to everyone on the ship. It was an insult to me. Because they say that "You're the center of their attention." How can you be the center of their attention when they offer the same "premium offers" to any one on the ship.

Excursions- must of the excursion you can find online & you can save money. The ship over charged for the excursions. My husband play golf on St. Croix and we save $30. They pick him up from the port.

I like the service that the room attendants and the Blu staff rendered. But I'm extremely disappointed with Celebrity Management. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 1501

Beautiful beaches. We went to Church Beach. Very nice. Make sure you try the Rum Punch with English Harbor Rum. It's really good.
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

Great Food & People. If you want to shop, visit Plaza las Americas - great mall. If you love shoes visit La Galeria, I love that store.
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Ok port. I stayed around the port where the ship dock. There is a beach next to the port, it's not great but is ok. They have shops and flee market. If you drink, make sure you buy Cruzan Coffee liquor. It's really good. The other island that has it is St. Thomas. No other island has it.

I love St. Maarten - shop, shop, & shop. The liquor is cheaper in St. Maarten. We Visti the French Side - St. Martin - make sure you visit the Bakery by the marina and visit the flee market. Take the public transportation is only $2 per person each way. It's worth it and reliable.

Nice shopping area. We visited Coki beach, beautiful beach. We took a taxi to the beach. We were able to take pictures of the ship from the mountains. If you go ask for Martha, she is from Dominican Republic.
Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews