Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by crabdip

Member Name: crabdip
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: A2
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Extraordinary Staff but Management is Hungry For Money
Unfortunately, our day going to the cruise didn't have a good start. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott by the Airport the night before departure. We arrange transportation with GOLD LINCOLN to go to the port. We asked to be pick up at 10:30 am. The next morning a I called at 8:30 am them to make sure, we were going to be pick up at the time requested. I was told yes, "you will be pick up at 10:30 am.) Well at 10:40 am no one was at the door. I called the company they had me on hold for 20 minutes. Finally, they told me that the van was going to be there about 15 to 20 minutes. So, that means an hour later. I told her that I was not going to paid the $80. So, I spoke to the manager and his response was do you wanted or not? After that response, I told my husband lets drive our self to the port. So, that's what we did. DO NOT USE GOLD LINCOLN. This is not how you treat customer.

Embarkation was a nightmare. Unfortunately, we got there when everyone was arriving, around 12:30 pm. It was chaos. If you have departed from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, you will be very disappointed with Bayonne Port. They are not prepare for this ship. They might be ok with a small ship, but not for this ship. They don't have any agent. We were staying at the Aqua Class, so we had another room to register. They had only 4 agents for the Aqua Class. The wait is long. The nice part of register as an Aqua Class passenger is that you have seats, tea, coffee and cookies. Another detail that I would like to mention is that inside the port, the cell phone reception is very poor. After you register, you have to take a bus that will take you to the ship.

This our second time on the Solstice Class. We love the Aqua Class.

Silhouette - beautiful ship, extraordinary room attendants (Jonathan & Rogelio) & Blu Staff (Muhammad -hosted, J.R. & Juni)

Food - was excellent, as I mentioned before we ate at the Blue the entire cruise. As part of being an Aqua Class Guest, the Blu is your primary dinning room. In my opinion, the Specialty Restaurant the prices are outrageous.

Brunch- On the way back, you will have the opportunity to go to a brunch on the main dinning room. It was nice.

Cafe al Bacio- FREE cookies and pastries. I was not aware of this perk until two days before disembarkation.

Celebrity Management - I'm very disappointed with the Management. During my cruise I find out that management OVER PRICE EVERYTHING. It's sad that make me feel as another guest to make lost of MONEY. As an Aqua Class guest, one of the perks is the use of the Persian Room. During the cruise they were sailing this room with a bottle of Champagne for several ours for $120 or so. This room is for relaxation, has a sauna and a beautiful view of the ocean. That is all. When I saw that, I was outrageous. It make me wonder, what else they have over price. This kind of behavior makes me think twice before spending a dime on the ship. I love the ship and the staff but management definitely is not my favorite. If were for the service that I receive, I will not go back to Celebrity. One thing that I definitely will be cautious about it, is that next time I will spend the minimum on the ship.

Captain's Club- I'm a Classic Member - This is the first tier of their reward program. Celebrity proclaims that "You are the center of out attention" - this is what they proclaim, but nothing that you are entitle to receive as a Classic Member makes you "the center of their attention." As a Classic Member you receive "Premium Offers onboard coupons with special offers to use during your cruise." Believe me there is not such thing as "Premium" as they proclaim. I was insulated to find out that the "Premium Offers onboard Coupons" are offered to anyone on the ship. For example, they have a coupon for Free Acupuncture Free Analysis, anyone on the ship can get this "Premium Offer." Another "Premium Offer" is 10% off of the value price of any AquaSpa Signature Treatment while the ship in port. Once again, this offer is valid to anyone on the ship. So in reality you are just one more passenger and you are not the "Center of their Attention" you are one more guest so they can make more money.

We did go in any of their tour excursion. Be aware that some of their excursion may have change. For example in Anguilla we were interested in one of the excursion, "A Taste of Anguilla" - we find out through the Anguilla Tourism Company that two of their stop are not longer in business. One of them was the Rosemac's Herb Garden and the other one was the Sea Island Cotton Shop at the Valley. I'm glad that we didn't book this excursion, because I would be very upset. So, my advised to you is ask questions before booking any excursion.

In St. Thomas we decide to take a taxi to go to Coki Beach, very beautiful beach. This beach is next to the Coral World Ocean Park. The Coral World Ocean Park needs so serious work and repairs. It looks awful. The name of the excursion is "Beauties of the Sea & Butterflies" -

I'll suggest before leaving home, do so diligent investigation on what you would like to do. So of the tours are offer by the company and is more cheaper than the cruise. My husband played golf on St. Croix, the ship charge about $150, we booked directly with the golf course, we save $30 (the price from the Golf Course included transportation from and to the ship)

Publication Date: 12/27/11