Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by acruiseayear: Do NOT expect too much

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Do NOT expect too much

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

I just returned today from our 5 night family Christmas cruise. We were so excited as we cruise every year from a port on the Gulf of Mexico. We had to take the Carnival Triumph as it was the only ship we could get during the time we had. What a disaster. I will not take a cruise again unless I get exactly what I want.

We paid a premium price for our 8th floor balcony cabin as well as a cabin for our kids across the hall. The 9th floor is the Lido deck with the pool, bars and music. No sleep at all for the first 3 nights. We had to use earplugs to try and rest. There was no way to rest during the day as tables and chairs were constantly moved around and the noise was unbearable. Carnival did move us on the 4th night. The room was much better as it was located under other cabins. We had 2 nights of 5 that were nice.

The food was terrible. I would rather have had fast food than the ship's food. Longggggggg lines, all the time, for fair food. 30 minute More waits for "My Time Dining". They actually gave us a beeper to let us know when to come back. Maybe that's getting more common, but I've never seen it.

The ship listed coming out of port. I really thought it was going to turn over. I've never seen anything like this before and we couldn't get any information. It was very strange and even the crew acknowledged they had never seen anything like this before. Weird.

Ports are great. You can't go wrong with Cozumel and Progresso has some awesome ruins. Getting off the ship at the ports was the best part of the cruise.

Staff was nice, although I noticed a lot less people that could understand my requests. Just didn't speak English very well.

My family cruises at least once a year, every year. This was the worst cruise I've ever seen. Complete waste of money. We were very disappointed with our Christmas cruise. I've also never been on a cruise that didn't ask for comments on ways to help at the end. This cruise didn't even mention it. I believe this was a "cheap" cruise for a lot of people. Carnival gave away rooms to get it filled and it really showed. May be a good cruise for a first timer, but experienced cruisers will be very unhappy. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Empress

Terrible location, under pool area. Ruined 3 nights/days of our cruise. Not worth staying for free on the 8th floor in that area.

Easy parking and very helpful attendants. Couldn't ask for more.

The Mayan Ruins are worth the trip. If you've seen them, the port doesn't offer anything else. Stay on the ship if you've seen the ruins.
Read 284 Progreso Reviews