Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by SLUGILICIOUS: Had a great time!

SLUGILICIOUS
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Had a great time!

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I traveled with 2 teens (18 &15) and we all had a blast. I was pleasantly surprised that with the exception of Windjammer breakfast the boat never felt crowded.

Food: We ate breakfast every morning in the Windjammer and it was great. It was the same every morning but because there were so many choices that you could easily eat something different every day. We had lunch there a few days as well - awesome French fries & salad bar. We ate every night in the dining room and everything was awesome. Each evening the selection was a wide variety of things too. We had pizza at Sorrento's which was great.

Drinks: I loved the fact waiters walked around the pool area with frozen drinks and a bottle of liquor - they were all great. I bought the unlimited soda package online before we left for my teens and it worked very well. I didn't care for the flavored water that was served with lunch in the Windjammer but they also offered unsweetened tea. I had a glass of red More wine every night with dinner with dinner that was good.

Service: All service in areas was great. Everyone was so pleasant and willing to help. Our wait staff was incredible - Fernando & Eduardo - they remembered our names, what we liked, had to drink, and always asked how our day was/what did we do. The cabin steward was pleasant as well.

Activities & shows: Don't miss The Newlywed Game or The Quest (18 & over) - they were both hysterical. The emcee of these also did the Belly Flop Contest by the pool and he was hilarious! We didn't see the ice show but we did ice skate, putt putt & Flo Rider (Well, I didn't do this but my son did). We didn't get to the rock climbing wall. We went to the gym - had a beautiful view of the ocean from the treadmills.

Embarkation & debarkation went very smooth - we were on the boat by noon on Sunday (12/18) and off by 7:45 am Friday (12/23). My son lost his Sea Pass card the first day but it was easily replaced and the lost one canceled at guest services. I also had them put the prepaid gratuities on the Sea Pass card too.

Parking: We drove from SC to Port Canaveral and used Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral. They were awesome and much much cheaper than parking at the port. I highly recommend them. The drivers work for tips but since it was the holidays they were donating all their tip money to a local needy family which I thought was neat.

All in all, this was a great vacation and I would not hesitate to recommend the Freedom of the Seas to friends! (I actually already have!) Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 3

My only complaint relates to price structure of cabins - I initially was planning for it to be just 2 of us which would've been about $650/person. When checked out the price to add my 15 year old I had to pay an addition $1000 for him. I assume it is because we needed a room that could house 3 people but the increase in peer person price didn't make sense to me. Instructions on how to use the shower would be good, it took the 3 of us and a number of cold showers before we figured out that you had to push the red button to get hot water.

I had done some preliminary research and thought we could walk to the city center but in fact it was about 4 miles there. We ended up just walking around the port area - next time we'll make sure to take a taxi there. We did go to Senor Frogs which was fun - loud music, great food, good entertainment. My teens got a kick out of it and my 18 year old got to order her first legal beer.
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews