Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Foxy Mama: Very Disappointed

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Very Disappointed

Sail Date: December 2011

I am a senior citizen and was travelling with my family and a very dear friend,who is also a travel agent. My friend and I shared a cabin. The cabin was so small, we kept bumping into each other. There was no drawer space and I had to live out of my suitcase the entire week.
I had rented a scooter from Special Needs, because of the size of the ship. The scooter kept breaking down and I had to call for assistance to have it moved and i had to walk great distances to reach my destination. I went through 3 different scooters during the week. We didn't even disembark in Cozumel, because I did not trust the scooter.

Going through security in Falmouth, I was on the scooter and was ushered thru a special section to be patted down. The agent took the camera which I had in my pocket, to put through the scanner. In all the hustle and bustle, they never returned the camera to me and I was ushered out of security. When I realized my camera was missing, I called the port More agent and they advised they would look for it. Naturally, it never showed up. It was a pocket sized digital camera, brand new, a gift from one of my sons.

One of my daughter in laws was quarantined to her room for 36 hours, because of the stomach virus going around the ship.

I found the ship to be much too big and much too confusing to maneuver easily.
Everything was crowded and a lot of the passengers were pushy and inconsiderate.
At times we had to go past rows of staterooms in order to get to a portion of the common areas of the ship.

All I can say is I would never go on a large ship again. The ship itself is beautiful and a work of art. I found the food was very good and the service was excellent. Waiting on lines was the pits. The shows were fantastic and the productions amazing. The headliner show we had reservations for was cancelled five minutes before it was due to begin, due to a medical emergency in the audience. One side of the theater was closed off and hundreds of people were ushered out the other side. The show was rescheduled for the following afternoon and was excellent. Everybody's prayers went out to the ill passenger and their family and friends and did not complain about having to cancel the show. Even tho we had made reservations for the shows months in advance, we still had to arrive 45 minutes prior to show time in order to get decent seats.

Would I recommend this ship to others? A very definite no, unless you like rude people, large crowds, confusion and frustration. If it wasn't that I was travelling with family, the trip would have been a complete disaster.

Would I travel Royal Caribbean in the future? Probably not. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 3652

No drawer space. Too small.

If you like shopping and spending money, the ports are for you.
Read 483 Falmouth Reviews