Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by qcnc

Member Name: qcnc
Cruise Date: March 2009
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wonderful Ports, Wonderful Ship & Service
I went on this cruise as a college spring break with two girl friends. The three of us had an amazing time, even though (I'm pretty sure) we were the only college students on the boat. We really liked the RCI passenger makeup - everyone seemed fun and easygoing. As 21-year olds we had no problems making friends with older passengers - many of whom where there in large groups.

The ship was great. The ship was easy to move around; I think I prefer it to the Carnival or NCL ships I've been on in the past. However, it rocked more than other cruises I've been on - and I'm not one to easily become seasick.

The food wasn't as good as I remembered on past cruises, but the service was superb - both in the dining room and at the bars across the ship. By far the best bar service I've had (judging from Carnival, RCI, and NCL). We didn't go to a lot of the shows, but the comedians and cruise-ship entertainment ("The Game") was pretty typical.

The reason that we selected this cruise was a great price and the wonderful ports that we hadn't visited before. One warning - if you haven't been as far south as Aruba before - it is HOT. The sun is a lot stronger there than even in the Yucatan or Belize, which makes for a perfect winter escape (but bring sunscreen).

Publication Date: 12/27/11