“Wonderful Ports, Wonderful Ship & Service”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

qcnc Adventure of the Seas 5 Wonderful Ports, Wonderful Ship & Service
qcnc
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I went on this cruise as a college spring break with two girl friends. The three of us had an amazing time, even though (I'm pretty sure) we were the only college students on the boat. We really liked the RCI passenger makeup - everyone seemed fun and easygoing. As 21-year olds we had no problems making friends with older passengers - many of whom where there in large groups. The ship was great. The ship was easy to move around; I think I prefer it to the Carnival or NCL ships I've been on in the past. However, it rocked more than other cruises I've been on - and I'm not one to easily become seasick. The food wasn't as good as I remembered on past cruises, but the service was superb - both in the dining room and at the bars across the ship. By far the best bar service I've had (judging from Carnival, RCI, and NCL). We didn't go to a lot of the shows, but the comedians and cruise-ship entertainment ("The Game") was pretty typical. The reason that we selected this cruise was a great price and the wonderful ports that we hadn't visited before. One warning - if you haven't been as far south as Aruba before - it is HOT. The sun is a lot stronger there than even in the Yucatan or Belize, which makes for a perfect winter escape (but bring sunscreen).
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
My favorite port of all time! We hopped on a minibus and went to the beach. It was nearly deserted and, along with some of the Philippine Islands' beaches, the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. After laying out for hours we stopped in a local grocery store for a snack and juice. I'd highly recommend a do-it-yourself day here because the beaches are incredible and easily accessible.
Read 988 Aruba Reviews
Port
We heard the beaches weren't great, so we headed for the Aquarium, which was recommended by a guide book. It was quite disappointing. We also took a local minibus here. What saved the day was exploring the town itself and the beautiful views of the colorful buildings from the ship and drawbridge.
Read 701 Curacao Reviews
We took the easy way out on this one since we'd planned our outings at our other four ports pretty well. It was overcast, so we decided just to camp out on the Great Bay beach (you can take a $5 water taxi from the cruise ship pier towards town). We also walked around town and sampled rum from a dozen local shops before picking up some to take home (we had to get the right one, you know!). The beach wasn't as nice as the others we went to (not a surprise, given that we didn't venture out very far), but it's nice to know that there's a beach a short ferry ride away from the ships and near town for an easy day.
Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
We took a cab to Bolongo Bay where we headed down to the beach by a resort. The resort (I'm pretty sure the name was just Bolongo Bay Beach Resort and it was more of a hotel than an American-style resort) was really quiet and we had the beach basically to ourselves. The strip of sand wasn't that large, but there were beautiful palm trees and solitude, plus the convenience of a bathroom, bar and restaurant. After purchasing food/drinks from the facility, we were also able to use it's pool. It took us a while (maybe 15 minutes) to catch a cab back to the pier, so if you do something similar, I'd recommend leaving plenty of time.
Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 12/27/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?