Thomson Dream Cruise Review by norfolk.enchance

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Dream Cruise Review by norfolk.enchance
Thomson Dream
Thomson Dream
Member Name: norfolk.enchance
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Tenerife
Cabin Category: DE
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Well I had a great cruise.
Our first time with Thomson, so our first experience on the Dream.

Check in in tenerife was rather congested with 7 flights from the uk all arriving at once. Thomson take note as these are your flights and schedules.

The check in procedure of identifying your suitcase on the dockside and attaching a label, so the case can be delivered to your cabin was a retrospective procedure and could be simplified.

Our cabin was on deck 6 and was a "plus" grade. I was pleasantly surprised at the space in the cabin. Whilst the decor was "out of style" it was functional and everything worked as it should. The flat screen TV was a nice unexpected touch.

All the staff were all very attentive and very professional.

We ate in Sirons for breakfast each day as I like a buffet style breakfast and I was able to get a "full english" each and every day. The coffee out of the urn was pretty disgusting but "Nescafe" was available right up to the two days before the cruise ended. It was claimed by the staff they had to stop people from "nicking" the sachets of coffee. Sad really.

We ate in the Restaurant on deck 4 every evening and had a great service on table 127. Our thanks to Dicky, Jefferey and Siegfried who looked after us so well.

The food was always good with lots of choice. I know a lot of people were not happy with the food selection, but you got what you paid for. If you want Lobster Thermidor every night then I suggest you try Cunard, oh and their prices.

The entertainment was great value and the ships company girls and boys were spot on.

I'm an Elite customer on Princess Cruises but I would take another cruise on the Dream anytime. As I said before you get what you pay for.

I was one of the people whose flight was delayed for 27 hours, back to Birmingham. It was a problem for some, but a blessing for us as it gave us another day in Barbados.

Publication Date: 12/26/11