Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CruiserHoosier

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CruiserHoosier
Carnival Dream
Cabin Category: 4A
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Not Too Impressed
Before I start on the review of the ship, I have to say that the weather was horrible and was 50% of the reason we just had an ok time on our honeymoon.

The ship rocked so bad, people couldn't walk straight and the halls smelled like puke everywhere! The food did not impress me at all. They had indian food one day, a pasta bar upstairs which is not good and takes a while to order and get it, they had a "chocolate extravaganza" buffet one day but was not impressed at that either and I love chocolate! There was a pizza bar open 24 hours which is good and you will find yourself there more than once! The parmesan is always out and there's usually/always a wait on pizza, the garlic bread at that bar is great but takes 10min. to make. There's an American bar with hamburgers, fries, and hotdogs which I didn't try out. The dining room didn't have good food either. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE BLACK FOREST CAKE IN THE COFFEE CAFE..this is my fave cake and it was amazing!! I only weigh 110lbs at 25yrs but I love my food! :)

The entertainment was the best on this cruise! Our cruise director was Gary and he was SO funny and great! He gave us some free champagne and a ship trophy with a signed picture of the ship for our honeymoon. The comedians were really good..just dont sit in the front row! I would recommend Bingo on the first day and when they have it for half price. The dancers at the show were WAY too revealing and seductive in their moves. Its ridiculous because its a family cruise and they're up there bending over and spreading their legs. Sheesh.

Room service food was bad but the chocolate cake is ok. They never got my order right.

Hot tubs were crowded and not hot! The only one that was hot was on level 11.

If you want peace and quiet, try out level 14, serenity deck (adults only).

There were usually waits for elevators and lines for buffets but it wasnt horrible.

Open dining is great because you're not rushed but the waiters take FOREVER to serve you.

Embarkation was smooth, I arrived around 10:30. Debarkation went fine..we carried our own luggage.

Pictures taken professionally cost $21 ea. (8X10)..I would recommend handing your camera to someone and ask them to take the same pic.

There was always someone winning at the casino but my husband didn't give me much $ to spend there :(

Beers cost 4.75 - 5.75 each. A virgin daquiri cost around the same. There's 15% gratuity also.

Don't do the prepaid gratuities = rip off.

I won't go on these islands again. I liked Cayman Islands, Cozumel, and Jamaica much better.

The island sun is HOT! I don't wear sunblock and had to buy it. My skin was on fire! Be prepared

You can find cheap wifi on the islands..don't use the internet on the boat.

Trying out Royal Carribean next cruise!

Publication Date: 12/26/11