Didn't want this cruise to end!!: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by bortzct
Overall Member Rating
Didn't want this cruise to end!!
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Here are my top 10 tips for anyone else getting ready to go on this ship:
1) Get to the port early (around 11-11:30) that way you have a short wait and you can be on the ship checking it out within 30 minutes.
2) Pack lightly - I was able to get all my outfits (and shoes!) in a carry-on bag so I did not have to pay any airline bag fees (and I still had 2 outfits that I never wore).
3) Bring your own soda pop on-board. I just brought on a 8 pack of Diet Coke mini-cans and they fit perfect in the cabin refrig. You are allowed to bring on board one 12 pk case of pop. This saves you from paying $2+ per drink on ship.
4) Book your shore excursion yourself vs through the ship. We did an awesome private all-inclusive beach (Nachi Cocom) for just $55 pp plus $15 for taxi. This was my 3rd time there and have never been disappointed. Everytime I felt I had the whole beach to myself!
5) Don't forget about the ends of the ship on the sun decks - there are always plenty of empty sun chairs.
6) Make your show reservations on line before you leave home so that you can get in and get good seats because trust me, these shows will be packed.
7) Be sure to try the croissant sandwiches at the Cafe Promenade - yummy!
8) Don't miss out on the 70's Disco Party in the Street on the Promenade - you will be dancing to the YMCA song before you know it!
9) Do self carry luggage disembarkation. That way you can sleep in and just walk off whenever you want. Getting off the ship was the only long line I had to deal with the whole cruise. Once through customs, our KSA shuttle had us to the airport in less than 15 minutes (only $10 pp).
10) Save some money and book Balcony room 9704 -On the 9th floor on the very end of the ship on the port side corner - we had fantastic views and saved the dollars of a full size balcony. Absolutely loved it!
I hope you love this ship as much as I did - I plan to take my whole family with me next time and will make sure it is on one of RCCL's Freedom class ships. Less
Cabin review: E29704 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Fantastic cabin - by being on the very end on the port side corner you only have people on one side of you. You get great views of both the back and the side. Liked being up high and never had an issue with noise. Plenty of storage space for two people even if the bathrooms are small.Read All Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E2) Reviews >>
First, and probably last royal...
Family Cruise ruined by Colleg...
Great Spring Break Cruise
Very disappointed in Liberty o...