Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by markwiz: Good cruise, convenient port, great time

markwiz
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Good cruise, convenient port, great time

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was the second time I have cruised out of Charleston. The experience was a lot better than the first time four years ago. It seems the Port has finally figured out how to handle the ships. We were able to board without any delays.

This is an older Carnival ship but it was well maintained. The bathrooms seem bigger than on other ships I have been on.

The entertainment in the Universe Lounge was cheesy at best. I was surprised at how little diversity there was in the singers and dancers. They were not very good. The comedians were great! They also had a 2 man regee band that was good. The best show I saw was the Beatles tribute. The 4 Asian guys who did some of the Beatles covers were the best of the show. They were in only this show and only did a couple of songs.

The food was always good. Only used the food trough for breakfast. The main restaurant was always good. You can't go wrong with chocolate melting cake.

Nassau was disappointing. We did the More Blue Lagoon. It would have been better if the weather was better. You can't leave early since you have to wait for your boat to pick you up.

In Freeport, the weather was not very good. We did the bike ride tour. Very good tour. Not hard at all even if you are out of shape. The beach looked great and so were the gardens. The marketplace they ended at was OK, if you are into that stuff. You will not find deals like you will in Roatain or Cauzmel.

I would do this cruise again but I think I would do the Freeport/Key West version.

Both ports have wifi if you need to contact home. Nassau has free wifi in the port building but it is very slow. Freeport has it in the bar and costs $3. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Upper/Lower Empress u173

We got a bunk bed cabin. I am sure it was the smallest and cheapest on the ship but it was OK. It was clean and everything worked. Since it was in a middle hallway and near the back there was little traffic in the hall. The only noise was the cabin steward getting stuff out of the maintenance closet next door.

The port is ugly but it is nice when you get out of it. The beaches look beautiful. The gardens were nice. A lot less crowded than Nassau. I recommend the bike tour.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Expensive. There were 6 ships docked so it was very crowded in the port.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews