Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Daniel Munt

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Daniel Munt
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Daniel Munt
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: B4
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Cunard Most Famous Name But Very Poor Service
We arrived at the ship in prompt time just as embarkation was starting there were very heavy cues this was to be expected but they moved fairly swiftly. We were then led to the lounge to wait to board the ship. Once our Letter was called we made our way to the Gangway. The Cue were terrible no organisation just a big cue to wait to board the ship, with a bitter wind blowing through, why we were not left in the lounge until the cue was clear?

On Arriving on board we were greeted by some of the crew and told our state rooms were ready. So we went to the nearest lifts to make our way to our rooms. Again the cues were very big; we waited for about 20 Minutes, when a crew member then told us about some other lifts. So we made our way out of the cue to these other lifts. When arriving at these lifts they were not working the crew member did not know why but he would find out HE NEVER RETURNED!!! So after waiting another 20 Minutes we went back to lifts we were waiting at in the beginning. It took us about 60 MINUTES!! To get to the room. I would have used the stairs but my mother has a bad knee and could not walk that far upstairs, also my wife was pregnant.

On arriving at my cabin after going past work still being carried out in the corridors as she had just come back from refit. I entered my cabin the cabin was clean and tidy and well presented. The curtains were drawn which a thought was a bit strange. When I opened the curtains please see photos to see what greeted me. This was left like this for 24 hours! I told the room steward straight away and he told me this would be sorted ASAP. My pregnant wife would not go out there and would not open the door not knowing what the dust contained. I had to report this to reception to get this issue sorted. I paid for the balcony I should be able to use the balcony especially to watch the sail away from Southampton! Please do not reply as the cabin Steward did it was because of the refit this is no excuse we paid good money to come on this voyage. We did not pay to be your Guinea pigs to test the ship after her refit! This is how we felt!

So as you should be able to see by now my first experience of the Queen Mary 2 was not a very good one.

We went to dinner on the first night we were late seating dinning. We were greeted by our waiter and menus were handed out. We were hoping to catch the 10:30pm show for second seating guess. We did not make it after 2 and half hours we were being served our main course which were cold and not how the menu described (Roasted Seasonal Vegetables) All I got was peas!! By this time I had enough I went to the Matridi who said he would sort it out. He did sort out the speed issue for 2 nights but it all went back to the same on the last night. Also the service was littered with mistakes all the time. Also the food was not the Great Cuisine you advertise. Actually the worst I have eaten on board a ship.

You have a mission Statement the White Star Twelve Steps You may want to share this with the crew. The crew were one of the worst at sea. Most did not know there way around the ship and as for smiles and making it a happy place, it looked like they had just received bad news all the time!

You may have bought the most famous name in cruising but you are dirtying it with your poor service.

Also why advertise the only planetarium at sea when you don't have it anymore it's a 3D Cinema instead?

I would have reported all these issue to the Hotel Manager when I was on board but being it was only a 4 day cruise I could not be bothered to get wound up anymore by this very poor time we were having!

I cruise a lot at least 3 to 4 times a year and I was in ST Martin when I saw the Queen Mary 2 for the First time and I thought what a ship, I will never think that again!

Also if you want to complain to cunard you have to send a letter can't do it by email and there are no feed back forms on the ship, THEY THINK THEY ARE PERFECT......

Publication Date: 12/25/11
More Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
What a joke
Nice trip shame about the leak
Beach Boys -