“Never again...”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sky

CruisinMacDonalds Norwegian Sky 1 Never again...
CruisinMacDonalds
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first time cruising with NCL, and we may try it again, but definitely not on the Sky. Let me start out by saying that I realize that you get what you pay for. This cruise was very cheap. But we have taken several small, short, cheap Bahamas cruises that were awesome! This one was not. There were a few Pro's and I will start with those... The specialty restaurants were amazing. Unfortunately we were forced to eat at all of them because the normal food was horrible. The cruise director was super great. Can't quite remember his name, but he really went the extra mile. The staff overall were very attentive, and the ship was very clean. We had a large inside room, and it was hands down the nicest, biggest cabin we have had. Now to the cons... Probably the worst part of the cruise was the bed. It literally was like sleeping on concrete. No I didn't complain. In hindsight I would have the first night, but I thought maybe my back would adjust. It didn't. To be fair, the bed issue may be just with inside rooms however, because everyone we talked to that was not in an inside said their bed was super comfy. As stated above, any food that was "free" was horrible. Except for the breakfast buffet. We even went to the MDR as suggested by fellow CC for lunch the first day, big mistake. I had fish and chips, and half the fish was black... no joke. Their private island is a joke. Again, to be fair, it might be decent once the construction is complete. Everything was a wreck. There was NOTHING to do except sit and tan or snorkel. So we rented snorkel gear. We get in, get all our gear on, look down, and... NOTHING.... no fish, no shells, NOTHING. Now maybe we were spoiled by RCCL's Cococay, because there they have sea life by the millions it seems, a "plane wreck" to snorkel around, along with a "shipwreck" ... but something would have been better then NOTHING... which is what you see at NCL's island. Entertainment was lacking between the hours of 5-10. We saw one show which was decent, but ended up sitting and watching the photographers take photos of people in the main atrium because it was the most entertainment we could find. Finally we just went to bed. Casino - The casino royal screwed my husband. I'm surprised he didn't go NUTS on everyone. He was in the Texas Hold em' tournament and was All-In on a hand. He bet on the river card, and the gentleman he was playing against mucked his hand over the line, face down. The dealer proceeds to flip over the gentleman's hand, and guess what?!? He had the winning cards. The dealer gives him all the chips, and my husband is SOL. Even the other players in the tournament were expressing their disbelief, but the dealer said that was the rules, and my husband was told that the supervisor would back the dealers decision. Never in all my life have I heard of such nonsense. The layout of the boat is extremely confusing and inconvenient, you board the boat through a hallway, and are not directed where to go, we were lost within minutes of boarding. You do not board in the atrium like every other cruise I have been on. Overall in my opinion - if you want a cheap Bahamas cruise out of Fl, take Royal Caribbean. If you can't, take Carnival. DO NOT CRUISE ON THE NCL SKY. I would have rather been home.
Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sky Review
Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?