Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Firefighter911

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Firefighter911
Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: Firefighter911
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: 4J

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean
ARRIVAL: I live in Florida so cruising is a little less complicating to do. Woke up early drove to Miami 4hr drive,dropped off luggage,parked car $15 per day,in line for security by 10:30a,and finally on board stuffing my face on the lido by 11:20.

Rooms were ready by 1:30p, my wife and I dropped off our carry-ons and were off to the pool. To sum up the ship well it was very nice i truly did enjoy it a lot I am also comparing it to the Carnival Dream that we sailed last Nov. so it's hard to compare this ship to the newer ships, it was a lot older then the dream but it was also a lot less crowded so I enjoyed that aspect of it.

To tell you the truth it's really hard not to have a good time on a cruise with all the food,drinks,entertainment,great views,exotic destinations and did i mention food that's all I need! Everything was good as usual all the food was good no matter were i ate the quality was still good, the shows were all good we had a awesome magic show on our cruise blew my mind! We did on the down side have some bad weather and missed a port due to Tropical Storm Sean but I rather be safe then sorry. Way to go Captain!!! It was funny to see all the sea sick patches behind peoples ears anyways ;)

Nassau:

This port was actually canceled due to high winds and rough seas from tropical storm Sean developing right next to the Bahamas ;( But we have been to Nassau 3 other times so it wasn't a total loss. In general the island of Nassau is very beautiful, people will call it the ghetto of the sea but when your island is constantly getting hit by hurricanes I can under stand why some of the areas seemed more run down. Paradise is what you make it, Nassau and the people there are great and will make you feel welcome.

ST.Thomas:

What can I say other then absolutely breath taking, from the mountains to the beaches everything about this island I love. This was my second time to St.Thomas and I highly recommended you take a tour.there are many vendors there at port that will pick you up right from the boat and take you all over the island (but I prefer Godfrey tours look him up he is awesome) you go shopping downtown for 2 hr, sight seeing for 2 hr,and 2 hr at the beach (optional).

He will take you to the top of the highest mountain which is 3 times higher then were the sky-ride takes you and that is $20pp. He will also drop you off at the beach which is optional to do and will also let you choose what beach you want to visit either Megen's Bay or Coki Beach. We have always chosen Coki Beach and it is absolutely awesome mountains surrounded all around you great stretch of beach with a couple of vendors that serve food and drinks and best of all the snorkeling right off shore maybe 10ft out at the most with lot of coral and fish!!

Puerto Rico:

Again I research a lot on cruise critic before I cruise and I found great reviews about a tour guy by the name of Albert Aquirre and decided to book with him. Let me tell you what that money was well spent because he was AWESOME, Albert is a real down to earth guy a local of course who enjoys surfing with his kids and of course taking people like you and I on tours of his great island.

$50pp will take you and your crew were ever you want but if you don't have anything specific in mind just tell him to give you the island tour, you will start off by heading to the rain forest we took a beautiful drive along the most beautiful undeveloped beaches I have ever seen.

Albert made us these cool hats out of this special leave found in the rain forest there, it was so funny. All I can say is tell him you want some Puerto rican bunny ears (he will no what you mean)! We stopped at this cool little "Beach Vendor" that served amazing authentic foods. Albert is a regular there and he will let you know what are all the best food to eat.

The people were fantastic and they made us feel right at home. We watched some surfers for a bit and then it was off to see some more sights of Old San Juan and the forts. We all learned so much on this tour, Albert just brought PR alive for us. I highly recommend Albert to EVERYONE!!! You can get a hold of him at surfcabs@yahoo.com or 787-317-6907. You won't regret it.He will make your trip worth wild, ALBERT... ALBERT... ALBERT!!!

Grand Turk:

First time here and just decided to make it a beach day and hang out. Very Nice island with a great beach right out front of the ships, free lounge chairs get there early so you can get one under a palm tree with some shade.Snorkeling was OK some fish and sunken anchor and cannon I seen.

They also have a free pool you can use at margaritaville which is right in the cruise terminal property, very nice! We didn't do a island tour here but we would like to next time.

I hope my review might help you out with your fun journey to come!!! ;)

Publication Date: 12/24/11