Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by j4farm

Member Name: j4farm
Cruise Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4B
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 3.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Christmas Cruise with grandkids
Our cruise started out rainy and windy and that ended up being the theme for most of the cruise. The wind made the seas pretty rough, so it was pretty miserable on board 3 out of the 5 days. Couldn't enjoy the open decks because of the wind and cool temps. But don't get me wrong,that didn't stop us from having a great cruise!

Our room steward, Denis, took excellent care of our cabin. The buffet lines were tolerable, and the food was very good, something was always available for any palate. We had a table of 8 in the Universe dining room. Our waiter, Carlos, didn't have much of a personality, like we've had on other ships, but he got the job done. We could see that the waiters at other tables were interacting with their people a lot more, they seemed to be having more fun than we were!! The food was good, but not outstanding. Many choices, so everyone could find somethng they liked. Desserts were a little disappointing. Chocolate melting cake was on the menu every night, along with about 3 other choices. I guess none of the desserts really stood out for me.

Overall, I thought the Destiny was still a beautiful ship. It was always clean, and I never noticed any bad smells. The pools were small and looked like they needed an overhaul. Hopefully, they will work on them when she finally gets her 2.0 upgrade.

Our granddaughters are 7 and 9. They went to Camp Carnival the first evening for about an hour. And then a couple of hours on the first sea day. When we picked them up for lunch, they weren't interested in going back, then never did ask to go back the rest of the cruise. I don't think there was a lot of kids on the cruise, but I did see several groups doing a scavenger hunt a couple of time later in the cruise. They both totally enjoyed the shows in the theatre. They couldn't believe how fast they could change costumes and be back on the stage! Each evening, that is what they wanted to do. There was two comedians that were fair, IMO.

We don't gamble, so don't have any comments on the casino. I thought Noonan, the CD, was pretty good, as was all the entertainment staff.

All in all, it was a great week, I give it 5 stars!

Publication Date: 12/24/11