Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Sailorgirl222: Fantasy?-Not so much

Fantasy?-Not so much

Sail Date: August 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Charleston

What was supposed to be a trip to Bermuda ended up being a trip to the Western Caribbean because of Hurricane Irene. The folks at Carnival thought it best to steer us directly into the path of the storm instead of sending us straight out to Bermuda. Big mistake. There were many sick people and there were barf bags tapped up beside each elevator. I have been on six cruises and I have NEVER experienced rocking like that before. I was terrified.

While I am still quite angry at Carnival and I am seriously questioning whether I would ever book with Carnival again, there were some positives. The ship is old, but it has been completely refurbished and it looks new. It is very clean and it has modern décor (not the tacky Vegas-like décor typically seen on older Carnival ships). There is even an adults-only area on the back of the ship called Serenity. It has very nice chaise lounges with cushions and umbrellas. My only complaint about Serenity is that there isn't a pool, only More two hot tubs. Not comfortable when you need to cool off on a 90+ degree day.

The food in the main dining room was excellent and I really enjoyed the anytime dining, although most nights we did have a wait (no more than 15 minutes). It was still nice to be able to choose what time we ate dinner each night instead of being restricted to one time. Most nights we had a table to ourselves, so no awkward conversations with strangers. The food in the lido restaurant was ok. Though they really need some new breakfast options. I have been on six Carnival cruises and they all serve the same exact thing for breakfast everyday.

The shows were sub-par at best. The first show we went to was so crowded, we had to stand for the entire show which made it hard to enjoy. The second show was a Beatles themed show, which I had previously seen on another Carnival ship. They really need some new shows! The band in the lounge played a variety of songs and were quite good.

I do have to mention that on the last two nights of the cruise, there was a sewage smell in my cabin. I am not sure if it was because the cabin was in the back of the ship or not. I did mention it to the cabin steward who said that he would look into it. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Oceanview Main U170

The cabin had a sewage smell the last two days. Also, there isn't a hairdryer. Good location at the back on the ship.

(4)
Loved the stingray swim. I was nervous at first, but one I got used to the Stingrays, I had a blast!
Read 1069 Reviews

Key West is so hot and humid, it's difficult to enjoy.
Read 740 Key West Reviews