Carnival Glory Cruise Review by LoveByLyrics

Member Name: LoveByLyrics
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: 8D

2nd time on Glory
Overall one of my most memorable vacations ever. However my review of the Glory is mixed. The ship is not a modern marvel anymore. I think someone who has never been cruise may enjoy it more than someone who knows the ropes. I think there is plenty to do for a week of exploring but many finishes are outdated especially the staterooms. Carnival makes sure there are plenty to do to the point you probably wont get to do everything your interested in. Overall experience good but there are plenty opportunities for improvement. A facelift would make a much better experience. There are some very nice rooms such as the Karaoke Lounge and White Heat nightclub. I was surprised at the food however. Not a good surprise. Food was always warm NEVER hot at dinner and most dishes can be rated as OK not great. Service in dining room was OK, not great. Not due to effort but it seems like less staff were available. Our server seemed overwhelmed with tables. I felt kind of bad because he was zipping all over the place and it didn't seem like he was having a good time. However, he was very friendly. So there was little small talk and mostly about getting his job done. This is my 3rd time on Glory. 3 years ago I did the Canada 5 day cruise. I thought the food was better then. Anything pasta was like wedding pasta at best. Nothing really had pop to it and salt couldn't save it. Lot of bland tastes. Stick to the beef and away from the tasteless chicken. Room service desserts left a lot to be desired and portions were quite small when it came to room service sandwiches. Im not killing the food it just could have been a whole lot better. I came quite aquainted with room service after day 4.

Nightlife was amazing this time around. Going to 3:30am was breeze every evening. This is my 3rd cruise and they definitely had the best DJ and MC of all the 3 cruises I've been on. White Heat plays mostly hip hop however. So if your not into it probably you wont like it. Hosts to most events were really funny and lively.

I was rehabbing my knee from surgery a few months back. I was ready for this trip because I worked really hard to enjoy this. I felt great up until day 4 when the ship was rocky. I actually twisted my knee because the ship was swaying while walking down the hallway. After that point my trip wasn't so fun. I missed getting off on the 3rd port because of the pain. And Cayman Islands I was quite limited. The ship rocky was very bad on day 5 some at my table were feeling sick at dinner service. Not sure if size of ship plays into how rocky it is but its something but its something that can be and in my case was an issue.

I was part of a larger group of about 25. We had a blast with each other. I definitely will do another Carnival cruise but I think I would have to step it up from the Old Glory or go Royal Carribbean.

Publication Date: 12/23/11