Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Vinnyv20032003: Amazing? No... Enjoyable? Yes

Vinnyv20032003

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Amazing? No... Enjoyable? Yes

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Sailed on the 12/16/11 3-Day cruise on the Majesty of the seas out of Miami, FL to Coco Cay & Nassau.

The ship's atrium was nicely decorated for Christmas. They had a big table full of Gingerbread houses created by the ship's chefs. They had a large tree in the middle of the atrium as well as decoraions on the railings. They had santa and the raindeer suspended across the atrium. Between the decorations and the Christmas tunes it really got you in the spirit.

SHIP: The ship itself was very nice for its age. It had a very nice, cozy feeling to it, it was very clean. The pool deck, as previous reviews have stated, was redone quite well in the refurbishment, bravo! That being said, the lounge chairs throughout the top deck are very dated and in serious need of replacement. Throughout the top deck you do sort of get a sense for the ship's age, railings are aged/worn. The Sports court on the back is sort of a joke, but the rock climbing wall was nice. One big thing More though... the ship's interior was HOT! Serious lack of useful air conditioning throughout the ship. Even in my stateroom I had the A/C pumping and it didn't help much.

SERVICE: 2nd to None, seriously. I give the staff major props! Kind, generous, hard working. I am one of those passengers who likes to talk with the staff members. I truly enjoyed speaking with them, they were all very kind and curtious. Hector from Guest Services with great and Diana who was the Deck 6 Supervisor for Housekeeping was wonderful. They are just two of the many people I would like to thank.

FOOD: The food was... eh. I really am not picky when it comes to eating, but the food choices were sub-par. I think the Johnny Rockets idea is great, BUT the fact that if you want a burger and fries you have to go there (and pay the cover charge) is not great. I could go on and on, the food is do-able, but I have definitely had better.

COCO CAY: AMAZING. I travelled solo and my mission on Coco Cay was to go where everyone else doesn't go. I got the first tender over at 8am and took the Nature Trail to the other end of the island. To say the least, it was awesome. I saw Iguanas, Roosters, and Peacocks. The views are unbelievable and you really feel like you are away from everyone. I found my own private little beach, laid there for 3 hours and probably had a total of 5 people walk by me. Around noon I decided to head back to the ship and this was the only disappointing thing. From the time I stepped on the tender until the time I stepped back onto the ship it took an HOUR. Yes an hour. And believe me at noon there really aren't many people going back to the ship then (which is why I decided to). They were bringing other tenders in and sending them out with no outbound passengers on them. We sat there while the workers ate lunch, chit chatted (only thing I could figure was it was their lunch break). Finally when I got back to the ship, there was only one pool full of water. And the other pool they were "working" on, making a ridiculous amount of noise. People were upset.

NASSAU: I cannot write too much about it because I have been there several times and just stayed on the ship this time. There were 4 other ships in port (one of which was Oasis) so I thought it would be wise to stay onboard. Weather was nice so I just laid out on the top deck and watch an NFL game from the neighboring Carnival Freedom's big screen.

Getting on and off the ship was a breeze. From the time I was dropped off until the time I was on the ship was 18 minutes. And I was off the ship by 7:15am this morning.

OVERALL: I really didn't go into the cruise with any expectations (thanks to Cruise Critic). I really did enjoy it. There was definitely no WOW factor involved, but if you truly need a quick getaway, for the price some of these 3/4 night cruises go for it is well worth it! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 5 6009

Cabin 6009 was small, clean, comfortable. It was an inside room surrounded on all four sides by either a room or a hallway. But it was quiet. Situated all the way in the front of the ship it was a bit of a walk from everything.