Carnival Glory Cruise Review by TipsyTess: Was Expecting More

Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Was Expecting More

Sail Date: November 2011

On Nov. 6Th 2011 my husband and I boarded the Carnival Glory. We waited to put our luggage in the room and then we had a nice lunch in the Lido deck.

We ate in the Golden dining room on the upper floor. I would say to anyone that gets the upper floor to have their table change so you will eat on the lower floor. The reason is the waiters entertain for you and when you sit the upper floor you miss out. Don't worry because there is room down below for you to switch seats.

The weather was not so good and we were unable to stop at Half Moon Cay. This is Carnival's island and they were going to do lunch on the beach for us.

I did not like our room as there were to many people talking so loud and kids would be running in the halls. The next time we take a cruise we will get a balcony and enjoy sitting out by ourselves.

I did enjoy each morning going for a walk at the jogging/walking deck, followed by the free class at the gym at 7:00am.

It is worth More getting up early to watch the sun coming up.

We will try another cruise line next time, but will do more research first. Less

Published 12/19/11

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6A Ocean View

The hallways were to noisy and they don't seem to care if kids run in the hallways.

Read All Ocean View (6A) Reviews >>

We did take a shuttle bus into downtown. Not to much to see but did buy from some of the shops. The highlight was going swimming. The cruise ship is docked right next to where we swam.
Read 1340 Grand Turk Reviews

We just walked around looking at the shops and taking pictures. We do regret not taking the San Juan City and shopping tour. We would have gone to the San Cristobal Fort. It is actually fairly close to where we were walking so I would tell anyone to walk over that way to have a look. We cut our walk short when it started pouring out. There were lots of police around.
Read 2233 San Juan Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

TipsyTess
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X