Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Sandy Aloisi

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Sandy Aloisi
Oasis of the Seas
Cabin Category: A1
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Exceeded all dreams and expectations!!
We had booked this cruise to the Western Caribbean on a previous cruise and it was to include our whole family, 2 sons, one with spouse, and our daughter, her husband and 2 little children, 3 and 1. Our son and his wife had a baby who wasn't old enough at the time of the cruise to join us and our other son had health problems which made him unable to come, too.

Starting all this off on a bad foot, we didn't think the cruise would turn out to go well. 2 days before our planned departure (we always go a day early just in case of a delay in flights, etc.) I got a phone call from our travel agent telling us that Royal Caribbean was offering us an upgrade, were we interested?

The upgrade was from a Jr. Suite to the Aqua Suite on Deck 8 which was quite a magnificent upgrade for not a lot more money. Thank God I said yes, what a treat!! We had a massive balcony overlooking the Aqua Theater, a 2 bedroom, 2 full bathroom cabin thet had the capacity to sleep 8, a living room, dining area, 3 flat screen large tv's, 3 safes, more closet space than I could ever fill and oh, so much more. All this for my husband and myself!

The ship was magnificent, never feeling crowded even though there were over 6,000 people onboard. My 3 year old grandson who ended up staying in our cabin, most of the trip, cried for an hour after we disembarked ( I wanted to also)!!

The food was great, the crew very attentive and friendly, the shows were terrific, lots and lots of activities onboard for everyone, an all around fun filled week.

We love Labadee and enjoyed an overwater cabana which kept our tow headed grandchildren out of the sun for some of the day. This amentity is offered by the cruiseline and well worth the price we paid for it. A localfrom Haiti was at our service and took care of making sure we had towels, drinks, every creature comfort we could ask for.And, he was delightful!

In Cozumel, our son-in-law had prebooked an all inclusive day resort at $49 per person (no charge for the kids).For the price of $25 each way for the 6 of us for our transportation by cab,we thought the day was a real bargain with lunch and all of our drinks and chairs and umbrellas included in the $49 fee.

We spent an hour off the ship, shopping locally in Falmouth, Jamaica with the locals and then returned to an almost empty ship to enjoy the ship and all we hadn't seen adnd done yet.

I never thought I'd enjoy a ship the size of the OAS, but was very pleasantly surprised how much I did. The cabin sure was a plus, too!!! Wish I was back onboard!!

Publication Date: 12/19/11