Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by nina_swims

Member Name: nina_swims
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Happy, Relaxing, Rejuvenating and Energizing!!
My husband and I just came back from our first cruise -- 5-days with Royal Caribbean on Jewel of the Sea, sailing Tampa-Cozumel-Costa Maya-Tampa.

We are 63 and 54 and were far from the oldest on the ship. The guests were of different ages but mostly elderly. They were basically divided into two groups -- the virgin cruisers (cute! but not my term) and the Diamond and Diamond-Plus cruisers. There were many weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebrations.

The activities were non-stop during the day and evening in different parts of the ship. Food was served every minute at numerous bars and restaurants.

The atmosphere onboard was unbelievable -- everybody, and I mean everybody, was really happy! Guests could not stop dancing even in the elevators. Each and every operation of the entire cruise was conducted smoothly and we did not experience a single problem or inconvenience whatsoever.

I have to confess -- it was hard to resist the temptation to just eat, eat, eat. Thank God they did not offer free drinks!? There were two options to avoid coming back home a few pounds heavier -- to eat at Tides (the main dining room) or even better, to eat at one of two specialty restaurants (Portofino or Chops Grille) instead of the buffet at the Windjammer Cafe, and/or to do some serious working out at the Fitness Center.

I had an opportunity to speak my native tongue because the members of the crew were from many different countries.

We did not turn on the TV even for a minute and were not interested in checking our emails for five days. We just submerged ourselves in the happy atmosphere of the ship and gave ourselves over to the kindness and care of the wonderful crew team. I was so energized that the day after we returned I was able to do two consecutive 60-minute spin classes in my health club with two very hard instructors.

Publication Date: 12/18/11