Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by nina_swims: Happy, Relaxing, Rejuvenating and Energizing!!

Jewel of the Seas 5
nina_swims
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Happy, Relaxing, Rejuvenating and Energizing!!

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

My husband and I just came back from our first cruise -- 5-days with Royal Caribbean on Jewel of the Sea, sailing Tampa-Cozumel-Costa Maya-Tampa.

We are 63 and 54 and were far from the oldest on the ship. The guests were of different ages but mostly elderly. They were basically divided into two groups -- the virgin cruisers (cute! but not my term) and the Diamond and Diamond-Plus cruisers. There were many weddings, anniversaries and birthday celebrations.

The activities were non-stop during the day and evening in different parts of the ship. Food was served every minute at numerous bars and restaurants.

The atmosphere onboard was unbelievable -- everybody, and I mean everybody, was really happy! Guests could not stop dancing even in the elevators. Each and every operation of the entire cruise was conducted smoothly and we did not experience a single problem or inconvenience whatsoever.

I have to confess -- it was hard to resist the temptation to just More eat, eat, eat. Thank God they did not offer free drinks!? There were two options to avoid coming back home a few pounds heavier -- to eat at Tides (the main dining room) or even better, to eat at one of two specialty restaurants (Portofino or Chops Grille) instead of the buffet at the Windjammer Cafe, and/or to do some serious working out at the Fitness Center.

I had an opportunity to speak my native tongue because the members of the crew were from many different countries.

We did not turn on the TV even for a minute and were not interested in checking our emails for five days. We just submerged ourselves in the happy atmosphere of the ship and gave ourselves over to the kindness and care of the wonderful crew team. I was so energized that the day after we returned I was able to do two consecutive 60-minute spin classes in my health club with two very hard instructors. Less

Published 12/18/11

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: E17640 Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Very comfortable, clever design, has everything you would want (except ice only on request).

Read All Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>

Everything at the Tampa port went very smoothly. There were no lines and everything went quickly.
Read 278 Tampa Reviews

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

nina_swims
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X