Carnival Magic Cruise Review by CPLColeman

Member Name: CPLColeman
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

First timer on Carnival Magic
As first time cruisers the wife and I really enjoyed our 7 day cruise to the Bahamas. The Carnival Magic is a beautiful and very large boat. Embarkation was smooth and easy, we were on the boat within 20 minutes having my first drink at the atrium bar. The rooms weren't gonna be ready till 1:30 so we went up to the main deck to have some lunch at the buffet where they had plenty to choose from.

The food was ok. Once the room was ready we headed to our balcony stateroom #9318. I was pretty impressed with our room. It had a nice big comfy bed, decent room to move around. Since I smoked the balcony was a must! They had a couple of chairs and a table. At 3 we left for the cruise critic meet and greet at the aft tides bar. Only thing I didn't like about the bar there is that you have to drink beer out of a plastic tumbler that you can get at the dollar store so I never went back there after that. Dinner that night was in the Southern Lights dining room. The wife and I had a table to ourselves but I would have rather been with a group. Didn't bother changing tables. The food I would rate a 8 out of 10. The service was great and friendly. The servers like to put on a little dance show and that was cute and sometimes humorous but enjoyable. Next I found what was to be my nightly ritual, the Blood Power Band. This group from the Phillipines was very, very impressive. Being a guitar player myself I had lots of fun every night talking with the band between sets. They had a wide veriety and all I can say is they are AWESOME!!

I spent so much time watching the band the bartender there new exactly what I wanted every time I showed up. They also had the sushi bar in that area that opened up at 5:00 and quickly became part of the nightly ritual. Very fresh sushi and always good. The Red Frog Pub was my my favorite place to get a beer as they had my 2 favorite beers on tap, Heineken and New Castle. What made getting a beer there the best is that it came in a real beer glass. I ended up taking home 2 of each of the Heineken and Newcastle glasses (Don't tell Carnival!!! lol) The first formal night we had reservations at the Prime Steakhouse which was well worth the extra $30 per person. I had the New York strip and it was delicious!!

The taking of pictures everywhere at night got a little annoying towards the end and the pictures where pretty expensive. The room was always magicaly cleaned when we were out and about. The ship itself was always clean. All in all we had a terrific time on our cruise and are looking forward to doing it again as soon as possible.

Publication Date: 12/18/11