“Honeymoon in Alaska”

cruzincouple913
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband I took our honeymoon to Alaska this summer on the Radiance. We flew in the day before embarkations and stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel. This hotel is beautiful and we got a great deal on expedia. It was a 2 minute cab ride from the cruise terminal. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived at the terminal at 12:00 and were having lunch by 1:00. Our room was ready by 2:00 and our bags arrived at our room at 5:30 (which made me a little nervous as a first-time cruiser). The cabin was spacious enough to store all our luggage (we totally over-packed). The staff was friendly and very helpful (with one exception below). We were surprised at how good the food in the main dining room was, and with such a great selection, especially vegetarian. Our waiters not only knew our names, but our preferences by the 2nd night. We decided to eat the for-fee Mexican restaurant, Rita's Cantina, and it was a disaster. The food was terrible. The chicken in the tacos had more of an Indian spice than Mexican and their nachos did not use real cheese. I'm not at all picky, but I expected food at least on the level of a Taco Bell. Our waitress was more than accommodating, but when the supervisor asked why we were changing our order, we felt very uncomfortable. All he cared about was whether the food was cooked. Once I explained that I wasn't crazy about the quality, he just walked away. We did an excursion at each port of call. Ketchikan: historic trolley to Saxman Native Village to see totem poles. Our guide was funny and knowledgeable. We spent some time on Creek Street, which was very cute. Icy Strait Point: we saw the Cultural Legends dance performance with was very interesting and interactive! At the last minute, we decided to do the zip-rider, which is the world's longest and tallest zip line. YOU MUST DO THIS! It was one of the highlights of the trip! Not nearly as scary as it looks and the best views of Alaska!Juenau: we did a combo Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Watching quest. We saw loads of orcas and humpbacks. It was breathtaking! The Mount Roberts tram was fun and provided beautiful views. Skagway: we book To The Summit! a bus ride to the klondike. It is shorter than the White Pass train, for which we had little time. Beautiful views and very informative. We also did the three-day land tour after the cruise, which was totally worth it! Denali was amazing and Talkeetna was a quaint, fun little town (and I do mean little!) All in all, we had the trip of a lifetime with very few glitches along the way!
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?