Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by heat0614: Love The ALLURE!!!

heat0614
Member Since 2004

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Love The ALLURE!!!

Sail Date: December 2011

My 23 old daughter, 16 year grand daughter and myself just returned from our Allure of the Seas cruise. We sailed from 12/4 through 12/11. We were actually a little apprehensive of going on the Allure since we travelled on the Oasis in November of 2010 and thought we could never have an experience like with did on that ship!! We soon found out we had nothing to worry about! Our cabin was on deck 14, cabin #709. Our cabin steward was Joel!! He was one of the best ever and was always there for us. Every night he made up the couch into a bed and every morning he had to take it apart again to put it back to a couch. Quite a job since there really isn't much room once that couch is opened up. Thank you Joel, we miss you already and wish you could come to our home and clean for us and LOL make towel animals.

We were supposed to be at a large table for our 6:00 pm dining. They somehow messed this up and we were put a small 4 top. We were very disappointed at first. Then we met David More and Aida. I don't even know how to describe the great job they did. We miss you both so much and can't wait to talk on face book. You two are the best! We actually were very spoiled at that table as my daughter and granddaughter were the only young people in our section. We had waiters that weren't even ours spoiling us like crazy. Thanks to you all, we love and miss you as well! Aqua Theatre show amazing, Blue Planet amazing, Ice Show amazing and the Headliner show was phoenominal..ventriliquist..sorry I can't remember his name!!

Ports of call were good. We had fun in Labadee and really enjoyed seeing the improvements that they made since 2004. Jamaica was fun as we took a 4 hour tour that was very impressive! In Cozumel we shopped at the Forum shops and had lunch at Carlos and Charlies. My daughter fell in love with a waiter that was from France. Guilles very hot!!

Our next cruise will be in 2013 when my daughter will turn 25 and my granddaughter 18. Can't wait to sail with Royal Caribbean again! Would never sail on any other!! Thanks for the great experience!!

Allure is an amazing ship. We enjoyed the new hot dog/sausage stand in Boardwalk. Boardwalk is so fun, it was nice to have our cabin/deck looking over all the excitement at Aqua Theater. I don't know if I will book another cabin on Boardwalk, only because I missed the Ocean View so much!! This was our 5th cruise and I truly love the Ocean View. It is great to be able to sit out on your deck and get mesmerized by the ocean. Also, I love watching the ship going into port and leaving. Central Park is very relaxing and like everyone else has commented be sure to get a Roast Beef Sandwich...yummy!! We spent a lot of time in the Promenade. With all the shops, restaurants and fun things to do, it is one of our favorite places to hang out.

I was a little disappointed in the food in the Main Dining Room. It was good, but not as good as I remembered on the Oasis, maybe just my imagination. All other food venues were very good! Didn't go to any speciality restaurant on this trip. We did love Chops on the Oasis however.

Royal Caribbean always out does themselves with entertainment and fun venues. The shows were very good, but I was kind of bored with "Chicago". "Hairspray was so fun and entertaining on the Oasis!! I just heard that Saturday Night Fever was on another of Royal Caribbean ships. Would have much preferred that!! Chicago had good entertainers but was boring. Aqua Theatre/Blue Planet/Ice show all wonderful!! The Ventriloquist was phenomenal, I wish I could remember his name!!

We will sail again in 2013 when my daughter and granddaughter celebrate their 25th and 18th Birthdays. Not sure where yet, but it will be with Royal Caribbean!! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Boardwalk view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 8 14-70

Great balcony overlooking Boardwalk and the Aquatheater. Cabin was small, but still plenty of room for the 3 of us. Cabin was nice and quiet even though we were on Boardwalk. Shut the door and you don't hear a thing.

Too taxi to the Forum shops. We did enjoy the port however as they had nice shops there as well. Very clean!
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Falmouth is all new. I enjoyed the shops and the cleanliness. They are still working on building, but it was very nice!
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

It was a breeze to board and disembark this ship. It is amazing the wonderful job that do with 6300 passengers. The port is very clean and the employees that work there do a good job.