Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by kbrown7k

Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Number: R508
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Princess letdown
I was very disappointed in the Caribbean Princess. Knowing that Princess is a 5 star cruise line had my expectations set pretty high and I was very let down. So Royal Caribbean remains my favorite cruise line.

First let me tell you some positives: The crew themselves were VERY friendly and polite - no complaints (except for our dining room staff)

Our inside room had plenty of storage room, beds were comfy, nice flat screen TV.

Plenty of deck chairs to go around, loved the outdoor Movie Under the Stars with blankets and free popcorn.

Loved that we visited 5 ports: Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, St Lucia, St Maarten. Each one was docked so no tendering which was really nice.

Cons:

I'm a runner and though the description of the boat says there is a jogging track, it has been replaced by The Sanctuary. This was a huge bummer. All other ships I've been on have always had a jogging track. But they had great treadmills so this wasn't a huge minus.

I'm not a foodie but rather a picky eater so bear that in mind when reading this. I didn't care for the food. All the steaks I had tasted 'gamey' to me. And the chicken breast had a bone sticking out of it and was greasy. I've never seen a breast have a bone sticking straight out of it so I don't think it was really a breast. After that I pretty much stayed away from the meat. I like steamed vegetables, rice, potatoes, sandwiches (I know, I'm a boring eater) and there wasn't much of this. I LOVE desserts but didn't care much for any of theirs which was odd.

Entertainment was boring. We went to the first show "Do You Wanna Dance?" and had high expectations. I think we thought it would have a storyline to it but it was just random songs and dance. It was ok but nothing you'd want to see again. The Caribbean singers and dancers had 2 other shows and we didn't go. We went to the magic show and was very disappointed. I'm not sure why though. The magic was good but there wasn't much of it. I felt like it was more of a resume to the magicians accomplishments and then he sold DVDs at the end.

So we mostly watched the Movies Under the Stars!

Publication Date: 12/15/11