Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by wonhwa: Five night Liberty

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Five night Liberty

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarkation was fairly easy - arrived at the port 11:15 and were on within 30 minutes. Although the ship is in very good condition, I probably won't sail her again...I was on the Allure during her maiden voyage and was a bit spoiled! It seems RCCL is cutting back to curb costs. I missed the pillow chocolates, I did not miss all the paper promotional materials that are usually left every day. Only recieved the cruise compass, so glad to see they are going greener. I'm an Emerald member, but received a gold coupon booklet instead - and no robe. My cabin steward was quick to remedy that. I believe they didn't use the equalizers (I think I got that word wrong) that keep the ship from rolling - it didn't bother me but I heard many others complaining of the movement.

Never ate in the Windjammer - thought food in the MDR was adequate. I loved the salad bar in the afternoons where they mix your salad choices. I stopped a couple times at the promenade cafe for small More sandwitches. We ate at Portofino which was a fantastic three hour dinner. We had two appetizers each and the main being the seafood 'sword'. They insisted bring dessert which included a sampler (order this!) tiramisu and chocolate covered strawbs.

The lounge I enjoyed the most was Boleros. Live latin music nightly - was very popular, but smaller because it's split with a staircase in the middle. Too bad they ran out of mint for mojitos on the 3rd night!

Ice show was fantastic as was 'Air'.

Labadee is always nice - we go to the beach on the far right - no rocks. Falmouth was very nice if you stay inside the complex. We chose 'jamaicaforaday' and went to all inclusive Hilton - very nice pools, water slides and lunch and drinks included.

I had an 11:00 flight out of Miami, so took my luggage off in the morning about 7:15 a.m. and was at Miami Intl by 8:30. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>